Doves

Guest zahidf

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so depending on their slot (they have to be at least sunset other for me) we can now look forward to 12-15 of these

A House

Almost Forgot Myself

Ambition

Black And White Town

Break Me Gently

Catch The Sun

Caught By The River

Firesuite

Jetstream Rise

Kingdom Of Rust

Last Broadcast

N.Y.

Northenden

Pounding

Rise

Satellites

Sea Song

Sky Starts Falling

Snowdon

The Cedar Room

The Outsider

There Goes The Fear

Where Were Calling From

Winter Hill

Words

And of course Spaceface

what a set they could build from that, and thats without having heard 6/7 of the new album

man, im going to love that gig (i have a feeling thats going to be my gig of the year) but i know im going to disapointed that at least 2 of my faves arent going to get played.

im already way to stoked about this, no way i can contain it till june

One of these days wouldn't be one of your 2 faves? My only disappointment with their glasto 2005 set was they didn't play that track - but I think cos of the weather most acts had to cut down their sets. Remember New Order didn't do Blue Monday allegedly they had to cut down the set list - whilst they were in the middle of the gig.

One of these days wouldn't be one of your 2 faves? My only disappointment with their glasto 2005 set was they didn't play that track - but I think cos of the weather most acts had to cut down their sets. Remember New Order didn't do Blue Monday allegedly they had to cut down the set list - whilst they were in the middle of the gig.

Yep, sunset slot on Other is where I'd have them too. The slot that, last year, made Elbow.

Atmosphere can be pretty good and last year they had a top line up with loads of variety. Piss poor so far this year, although all the Scottish papers are bigging it up, on account they get free entry.

Some give the reputation as a bit of a nedfest which is a bit unfair. I've been going since the satrt and never had any bother.

I bought tickets for Doves Newcastle in the presale at £25.30 + £4.80 transaction fee. This morning in the general sale its £19.80 + £4.80 transaction fee. Both prices were on gigsandtours.com (Their see tickets sight is showing the same price). Can anyone shed any light on this? Why should I pay 25%more for buying in the presale?

Did you get this sorted with seetickets?

For £175 you get to see the Doves at Glastonbury with the following support acts -

The Boss, NY (possibly with CSN), Blur, Franz F, BB King, Fleetwood Mac, Tom F*cking Jones, Madness, White Stripes, The Specials, Lily Allen, Fleet Foxes, Ting Tings and numerous others. Now that's what I call a bargain.