Doves

Guest zahidf

ooooooohhhhhhhhh its so close i can hardly contain my excitement.

i'm a grown man that has seen them 10 times before and im still giddy about tonight.

anyway, for the rest of you going tonight have a good one, and i'll join you at the front for some bouncing/singing during pounding :P

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, what a brilliant gig, so good to have them back.

they need to sack their roadies tho, that technichal glitch at the start meant that they nearly lost the crowd for a bit.

but they are sounding tighter than ever. i though it was difficult for them dropping so much new stuff early - but they pulled it off.

there were real moments of genius in the set too. from punding onwards it just built and built and built.

and the encore, oh the encore. what a great set up.

andy, jez & jimi i salute you......................now bring on brixton!!! (especially as thats a friday night in the big smoke - getting home at 1am this morning with work toady was hard work)

Great gig. As good as the new stuff is, I didnt think the new stuff stood up that well against the older stuff to be honest. Maybe it's because I dont know it well yet. They will bring the house down at glasto!

Words instead of sea song though ;):D

this is a lie right? I really cant see this being true at all. No chance.

Tugger - 10.03 was f**king brilliant wasnt it. Words was ace too but goddammit! I was certain we were gonna get sea song!!

John Peel headline's not ideal - going to have to get to the v front for best sound.

Last night was superb. I not familiar with the new material (except KoR and Jetstream) but all sounded great.

I can't wait for the album, and am impressed it was hasn't leaked yet! (has it?)

And coming on at the beginning, only to go off due to drum sound not working for 10 minutes did look a bit shabby. But only heightened anticipation really.

Northenden was dodgy though, the mic/amp set-up wasn't right for an acoustic guitar.

Words was a masterstroke. Love that song.

I going to listen to Lost Sides now..........

John Peel headline's not ideal - going to have to get to the v front for best sound.

Last night was superb. I not familiar with the new material (except KoR and Jetstream) but all sounded great.

I can't wait for the album, and am impressed it was hasn't leaked yet! (has it?)

And coming on at the beginning, only to go off due to drum sound not working for 10 minutes did look a bit shabby. But only heightened anticipation really.

Northenden was dodgy though, the mic/amp set-up wasn't right for an acoustic guitar.

Words was a masterstroke. Love that song.

I going to listen to Lost Sides now..........

agreed, they shopuld be gettin that kind of stuff right by now.

still didnt take the edge off the gig tho.

and your right, the album hasnt leaked however.......

http://hypem.com/track/732811/Doves-The+Outsider+(Live+Demo)

http://hypem.com/track/713362/Doves-Winter+Hill+(Live)

both taken from the RFH hall gig last year and the audio qulity is pretty good

Cheers.

Did you see the guy in the pink jumper (looked like Paul O'Grady) jumping around with hands in the air?!

I wish I could say this was me,

But i wasn't far from him. He was in heaven.

It was interesting for Jimi not to play drums at all until the encore.

Hazy memory, but didn't they have to pull a song or two when they last played Glastonbury, as they had drum problems then as well.

Could have been Here it Comes.

And......... next up Cambs Corn Ex - Apr 15. Their next gig!

It was interesting for Jimi not to play drums at all until the encore.

Hazy memory, but didn't they have to pull a song or two when they last played Glastonbury, as they had drum problems then as well.

Could have been Here it Comes.

And......... next up Cambs Corn Ex - Apr 15. Their next gig!