Lowlands 2009 FTW

Guest choadus

Yep, it's shaping up pretty nicely, as far as I'm concerned!

Also because of today's new names:

Maxïmo Park

Hanggai (now official)

The Tallest Man On Earth

Florence And The Machine

Luciano Present AEther

Quite looking forward to Maxïmo Park! Not too sure about their new album, but I missed out on them a few years ago when they visited LL, so I've been kinda like waiting for a second chance ever since. :O Oh, and on the unofficial front: Heideroosjes (punk) and Aux Raus (gabberpunk) have also said they'll be there.

As I said - looking good! :P

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Bands at lowlands!

Huoratron - Finnish 8Bit Electro! Awesome!

The Opposites

Aux Rous - Catchy Dutch stuff!

Sef

Zwart Licht

Promo Live

DarkRaver

Lady Sovereign - A Chav

Le corpse de Francoise

knalpot

Jon hopkins

Crystal Fighters

Kap Bambino

Juan Macleen

Clark

Tommy Sparks

Ceephax Acid Crew

Gang Gang Dance

Tim Exile

Audion

I cant say im very excited about this lot, but Id Listen to Huoratron as it just sounds soo unusual, that and Crystal Fighters which are pretty good.

Yeah, it's (part of) the line-up for the X-Ray 'tent'. That's a rather small hangar-like thingy, were mostly freaky dance acts & related play. But apparently, also a few smaller hiphop acts (Lady Sovereign, Zwart Licht). But actually, in that list, DJ Promo should be taken together with Aux Raus, Sef and The Opposites. DJ Promo is a hardcore house (gabber) dj, who completely turned the X-Ray upside down last year. Because of that, not only have they invited another hardcore house act this year (Darkraver), but Promo has gotten a spot in the Bravo tent (which is really large), and he will be bringing a few friends along. As far as I can see, Aux Raus, Sef and The Opposites are only appearing in that way, not individually (Zwart Licht also have their own show).

Actually, I'm really looking forward to this! Should be one hell of a completely freaked party, with all kinds of styles clashing into something hard&fast&massive!

Oh, also a few more self-confirmations: Jack Peñate, The Virgins, Spinnerette.

YESSSS - some really great new names!

Vampire Weekend

Drive Like Maria (awesome stoner-rock; think QOTSA)

Kyteman's Hiphop Orchestra (absolute party-time live!)

Aux Raus (so they really are coming themselves as well then!)

Paolo Nuntini

Metric

Spinnerette

The Sedan Vault (yes, I've got a soft spot for progrock :D )

Roosbeef (I guess you'd have to be able to understand Dutch to really appreciate this one)

Kabale und Liebe

Awesome - bring on LL09 already!

I wasn't - at least being at home cannot really be disappointing. ;)

New names announced today, by the way:

The Virgins

Jack Peñate

DeVotchKa

Fever Ray

Nina Kinert

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Micachu & The Shapes

Fanfarlo

Benjamin Herman & Guests

Ziggi & The Renaissance Band

Benga

Brookes Brothers

Peaches

Asher Roth

Noisia

And more to come still, they say on their website!

Edited by Cheimoon

I know, this is getting kinda boring, but still, new names again (apart from the first three all dance(-ish) acts and djs):

Jessica Lea Mayfield

Jenna Lewis

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

Little Boots

Soulsavers

Crystal Antlers

Stijn

Chase & Status

Nuno Dos Santos

Boemklatsch

Kees van Hondt

Also, the schedule for Friday has leaked. Apaprently, it was placed online accidently, and already noticed and copied before they could take it off again. Text version: http://forum.fok.nl/topic/1309852/2/50#70691734; graphical version: http://www.lolwands.nl/timetable. Would fit me pretty nicely, actually - but someone from LL09 has said that it is only a temporary one that is still subject to change... The final version will be released 30 July! (they say, anyway :D )

I hope that the leaked times are changed or wrong because nearly all the bands i want to see are clashing and it would be awful! And what is with only an hour for Prodidgy, and whos bright idea would it be to slip kassabian on during their set.... i REALLLLY hope the timetable gets sorted out...

that friday timetable is a nightmare! does anyone know where I can get hold of one weekend ticket? 6 of us booked flights and only 5 got ticekts before they sold out. Were waiting on returns from last minute.com but if anyone had any information on where we could get one that would be great. Also is any more of the line up to be announced?

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, they should keep it pretty much as it is... We'll see how comes out on top when the final timetable's there! :lol:

Tickets: dunno what you can find on auction sites. On the LL website, they pointed to an official 'ticket trade' website: http://tickettrade.livenation.nl/ Don't know how that will work for you though. They also said that the tickets that were bought by agencies and have been cancelled will be sold again, but it's still not clear how and when that's going to happen.

Oh, and it has been said that a big name will be revealed this evening! Placebo? (since they're also playing nearby Pukkelpop and are free during LL)

Well Fabio seeing as you have made such valuable contributions (3) to this forum i dont think it matters, but while I agree he may attract attention, is he really relevant in todays Hiphop scene? I'd rather watch Jay Z personally. and for your info, im looking forward to bands like Huratron, Prodidgy and Chase and Status (3 very unrocky bands) just as much as Kassabian, Delain and White lies. I'm pretty open to enjoying lots of music. Infact If you bothered to read my posts youd notice i've said id go and see bands like Opeth etc but am not that impressed by them as there are not really any good metal acts playing this years festival, But given a choice over generic Dance DJS id watch them or more interestingly I'd go and watch some of the amazing Dutch bands that are shaping up to be pretty special!

Hi guys, just a few questions on Lowlands,

Loving the line-up looks great, basically i got transfered from London to the hauge to work, about a month ago (not a bad transfer hey) I'm here for the best part of a year, and i was gutted that I would struggle to get to (if any) festivals in england this year, but i have just discovered (to my naiveity) LOWLANDS, and its a breathe of freash air as i may now get to go to a festival this year, 1 thing holding me back, i havent got a ticket!!! so any ideas where i can get one, i dont mind paying a bit over the odds as long as its not a complete piss take!

My friend has said he would come over and go with me, but its short notice and i fear he will drop out ant any minute, but id still consider going on my own not sure if i have the bottle! ;)

cheers for any help !! Dan.

Someone is selling two tickets seperately on ebay (UK version) at the moment. Think there was about 4 days left but you might find more on Dutch ebay. I wouldn't worry too much though if you do end up going on your own as you'll easily meet loads of people over the weekend. I go to one (see below!) with a couple every year and love going off on my own for an hour or two to see bands/DJ's they aren't interested in. There's always loads we all want to see but it's great being able to set your own agenda and not having to worry about keeping all the rest of the group happy all the time (and often missing things you want to see) ;)

If you don't have any luck then come over the border to Pukkelpop, it's got a better line up anyway :)

Oh, right, on the topic of additions to the Lowlands line-up, more names have been announced again:

Amanda Blank

Buraka Som Sistema

Lil' Vic

The Subs

Funckarma

I-F

Moderat

Mala

Squarepusher

Melon

Pilooski

DJ Koze

Silkie & Quest

Joost van Bellen

Optimo

Reverend & The Makers

Kumpania Algazarra

Not really my stuff, but it's also been said that there's still some more to come, including (apparently?) at least one big name - so looking forward to that!

Edited by Cheimoon