Lowlands 2009 FTW

Guest choadus

Sorry for that typo. Indeed, technically you can carry alcohol into the actual festival grounds, but what I said about having to poor it into a new plastic cup remains valid. They hand those out when entering, so no worries, but in practice you won't be bringing more onto the grounds than a single drink.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a big queue to get in and out of the camping grounds to the festival site as If its a half hour walk like download 2008 then i may just get food in thefestival zone, but its allways soo over priced.

Any one thinking of dressing up this year? Was thinking of getting one of those inflatable fat suit things in to the arena!

I've never been before either and have a couple of questions....are cans ok for the campsite? Really dunno if I can face the thought of transferring a load of vodka into plastic bottles, so cans might save a lot of hassle!

Also how does the munten work? Is it just like normal cash machines? Or do you go to a person at a stall with euro cash and exchange it?

Thanks

I've never been before either and have a couple of questions....are cans ok for the campsite? Really dunno if I can face the thought of transferring a load of vodka into plastic bottles, so cans might save a lot of hassle!

Also how does the munten work? Is it just like normal cash machines? Or do you go to a person at a stall with euro cash and exchange it?

Thanks

Hey there, so as someone who's never been to Lowlands before, can anyone tell me from past experience how many munts it would usually take to buy, say, a pint? Am hoping that seeing as 1 munt seems to equal £2, that pints will only be worth 1 munt?

Any one know if there will be a Jaeger tent? If i buy booze at the supermarkets at Lleydstad (typo) train station before getting the festival bus will i be able to stock up on booze or will it all have been milked?

Wow 7 euros a pop for munchies, top dollar!

Can you exchange Munten back after the festival?

Yeah, you can hand in any coins ('munt' is really just Dutch for 'coin') you've got left at the end of the festival. And yes, you do get money for them, too... :lol:

A Jaeger tent? Don't know if you have anything specific in mind...? They do have places that sell cocktails, but if I haven't somehow managed always to miss out on that, I don't think Jägermeister or anything of that kind will be sold anywhere. You're free to bring your own to the campsites though. There's some limit on that (which of course I can't find...), but they don't quite check everyone's luggage (don't think I had mine checked in the past few years). Or just divide larger quantities among friends, of course.

As to a Jager tent i was just wishing for one, they had one at Southside and for 2 euros you got a squirt of Jager in your mouth from these hot girls walking around with huge backpacks of it. Im thinking of trecking some of my own liquer from the Uk in a plastic bottle and then buying a keg up there.

Any restrictions on bringing up chinese lanterns?, as i bought one from China, all the way back to the Uk so i could set it off gracefully at lowlands!

Actually, there's also still some work on the line-up. Soulsavers have cancelled, and they have been replaced by Ghinzu. A Belgian group, I had never heard of them, but doesn't sound too bad... (www.myspace.com/ghinzu)

Also, there's still that gap in the Grolsch on Saturday between 5 and 6. There's a very strong rumour now that, as with the gap in the Pukkelpop schedule on Thursday, this will be filled in by Them Crooked Vultures. Apparently (source), Lowlands were offered this name, without knowing what group it was. And they took it. But as it turns out, this is actually a new supergroup, featuring Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin).

Yes - how awesome would that be...!!! Fingers crossed... B)