Top Posters In This Topic

New names again!

BrokeNCYDE (screamo)

Delain (symphonic metal/gothic)

Self-confirmerd:

Ziggi & The Renaissance Band (reggae)

Moderat (techno/idm)

Lee Van Dowski (minimal)

Personally, I'm waiting for the random batch of (partly unknown) indie-bands to be revealed; but maybe they're saving those up for the Pinkpop news then.

This looks like another nice generic announcement of "whothewhats?"

However after listening to Delain i can safely say they are now one of the most anticipated bands atm for me, they totally rock! Definatley a supprise!

But in contrast Brokencyde....um....well

There is a good reason why they have regularly been voted the WORST band currently in existance...

I really hope Snow patrol gets announced, or maybe Killswitch Engage, all that remains, sonic syndicate, in flames, dark tranquillity, the duskfall, any one like that would be the best news ever for me!

Yeah, I know, a lot of more or less random bands around. But I suppose Delain is quite good if you like symphonic metal (fits in with Sonata Arctica), and from their description, Brokencyde seem to fit it with Enter Shikari (who I can't stand either :lol: ). Actually, I'm even looking forward to Ziggi & The Renaissance Band; hope they've can get a good reggae showing going, like in here: http://tr.youtube.com/watch?v=GLI0KSfc6hg Those other two I suppose will be playing at night, after the bands have stopped and all tents turn into discos/clubs.

But I'm going to Lowlands to see new stuff anyway, not for the big names... (can't be bothered to queue up at the Alpha well in advance just to be able to see Arctic Monkeys or Prodigy properly!)

Sooo i bought a ticket a while ago, my friends didn't soooo going to pukkel instead. I want to sell it, but its an e ticket, how the hell do i sell it to someone?? wont they need my id or something... and couldn't i just sell it to lots of people if i was an asshole? hmm appreciate info, and if anyones interested in it, im selling it for 230eurososososos :D

Sooo i bought a ticket a while ago, my friends didn't soooo going to pukkel instead. I want to sell it, but its an e ticket, how the hell do i sell it to someone?? wont they need my id or something... and couldn't i just sell it to lots of people if i was an asshole? hmm appreciate info, and if anyones interested in it, im selling it for 230eurososososos :lol:

Getting there one band in advance should be sufficient for most acts you're desparate to see. Don't forget, we Dutch people aren't English, so we don't get up in the early morning to queue for gigs. Wouldn't work here anyway, the "I saw you in line already so sure go to the KFC for some grub and the loo and we'll let you in right in front" mentality doesn't exist here.

Possible exception to what I just said: the teenies drooling over Fall Out Boy.

I'll just pick up where I left off, i.e., more of Lowlands continuous trickle of new names (I like it this way; much better than having to wait for Pinkpop!):

Razorlight

White Lies

Miss Montreal (no, this is not a typo for 'Of Montreal'...)

Bertolf

Drums of Death

Patrick Wolf

Martyn

Vitalic

A Brand

The Airborne Toxic Event

The Temper Trap

Bring Me The Horizon

The Living End

Decent names imo: some nice known ones and a few that I had never heard of before, but sound promising. Lowlands-style! :(

Edited by Cheimoon

I'll just pick up where I left off, i.e., more of Lowlands continuous trickle of new names (I like it this way; much better than having to wait for Pinkpop!):

Razorlight

White Lies

Miss Montreal (no, this is not a typo for 'Of Montreal'...)

Bertolf

Drums of Death

Patrick Wolf

Martyn

Vitalic

A Brand

The Airborne Toxic Event

The Temper Trap

Bring Me The Horizon

The Living End

Decent names imo: some nice known ones and a few that I had never heard of before, but sound promising. Lowlands-style! :)

As this is your first post: you joined up just to be able to say *this*...? :D

Oh, btw, rumours have it that we'll also be seeing Bomba Estereo, HEALTH and Rolo Tomassi (all self-confirmed via myspace). Baskery and Thursday have also been mentioned, but I don't know the source for that; it's not on their myspace or official websites.

Only seen her accoustic or older stuff then? The new CD is absolute class and having seen her play often with The Riplets I can promise you this will be one of the must-see performances at Lowlands. (For foreigners anyway, I'll get to see 'em play at some local festivals before.)

But you have to like the kind of music of course. <_<

Edited by Cheimoon

Too bad they've given up on the tradition of releasing most names with Pinkpop, but at least they did have a decent batch again today:

Health

Patrick Watson

La Roux

The Maccabees

Rolo Tomassi

Passion Pit

The Blackout

Moke

Dio & The Madd

Selah Sue

Amsterdam Klezmer Band

Can't say I'm not looking forward to Health! And I am also quite curious about what that combination between Dio (hiphop) and The Madd (beat) will end up like!

Oh, also (relatively) newly listed on lolwands.com: Buraka Som Sistema, Gang Gang Dance, Hanggai, Kabale Und Liebe, Nina Kinert. Hanggai should be Mongolian folk from China - I think that might be interesting! :P

Edited by Cheimoon