Lowlands 2009 FTW

Guest choadus

Thanks for all the advice guys, been usefull reading through how other people have felt about this festival, im quite looking forward to going but hope the lineup is as good as other years (obviously).

I know a little german and chinese but my dutch is not too hot, will i be able to strike up a convo with people there in english or do i need to get my phrase book out and start learning stuff?

So we can bring in our own beer to the campsite from outside the site, but not in to the arena yes? And i guess it is a no glass, just plastic policy?

How about lighting off sky lanterns, is this allowed do you think?

Thanks again in advance.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh wow first festival for you! Fantastic experience!

Bet it is first of many from now on :-p

I got my tickets for this on a bit of a gamble but im convinced that this festival has alot going for it, so me and 7 mates are trecking it up there.

YAY :-)

Im Hoping Moby plays, and i would love some good metal ala Killswitch last year!

Maybe even a shot gun to Blur, who knows. would be amazing!

re. bands, they hardly ever have big names (and if they do, the Alpha tent is too small; I have already given up on seeing Arctic Monkeys). The great thing is cool new stuff that I didn't know about before. And Dutch bands of course; they should get De Staat and Kyteman's Hiphop Orchestra *now*! (after failing to have Voicst last year) So not much chance of them getting Coldplay or Oasis (too big; if they played, Kings of Leon probably wouldn't even be a headliner, btw) - but I'm hoping for Placebo nonetheless!

I'm sorry but they do get big names! One year they had Muse, Eels, The Prodigy AND Pulp. Kings of Leon played a couple of years ago on alpha. And both Oasis & Coldplay have played lowlands before as well as placebo in 2006, which was an amazing year!! Radiohead are, once again, are being thrown into the rumour mill after the bbc saying they are going to do some festivals in the summer, and since most of the english ones have filled up their headlining slots, lowlands might fiiiinally get them!!

Quick query about the festival times;

I can't seem to figure out which day we are allowed to get into the festival site.

I'm assuming Thursday - with the bands starting on the Friday?

Could anyone enlighten me please?

Cheers.

The camping site opens Thursday afternoon and closes Monday at noon. The 24hours tents / Lowlands cafe / Duracell thingy / whateveritsnameis gets going Thursday already as well, so no reason not to come early...
Edited by Milburn

I didn't do any comedy last time I went to lowlands, but the smaller tents seemed really hard to get into. To actually queue inside the arena I'd have to really want to see them.

Prodigy are okay, looking forward to some of the smaller acts to be announced though. Heideroosjes would be nice, they owe me a gig anyway seeing as last time I was supposed to see them was apparently the only time they've ever cancelled :ph34r:

Edited by beLIEveR

I didn't do any comedy last time I went to lowlands, but the smaller tents seemed really hard to get into. To actually queue inside the arena I'd have to really want to see them.

Prodigy are okay, looking forward to some of the smaller acts to be announced though. Heideroosjes would be nice, they owe me a gig anyway seeing as last time I was supposed to see them was apparently the only time they've ever cancelled B)

Edited by Cheimoon

Prodigy are okay, looking forward to some of the smaller acts to be announced though. Heideroosjes would be nice, they owe me a gig anyway seeing as last time I was supposed to see them was apparently the only time they've ever cancelled :D

Edited by Hannahaha

• 2 weeks later...