Lowlands 2009 FTW

Guest choadus

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Day won't be at Lowlands, they have US tour dates for the end of August.

The Offspring is a possibility though: they are at Pukkelpop, Belgium on Thu and in Germany on Fri/Sat... not unlikely for them to come to the polder on Sunday. Fingers crossed!

Lowlands usually doesn't announce their schedule until very late when the blokkenschema/blockschedule is released, so it's anyone's guess at the moment And a bit premature.. I reckon there are still a few big names to be announced. Also, with so many stages and such diversity, I'm not sure if you can pinpoint three definite headliners anyway. Placebo was one a few years ago but for me it was definitely Less Than Jake that night.

Slight change of rules: you can now bring 8 liter of drinks in total so it's easier to bring a tray of 24x33cl beer than 50cl cans.

i fancy lowlands again this year after my visit in 2007

but i was wondering about driving it this time from Manchester.

anyone driven there before?

if so how much are we talking in petrol costs and so on.

looking like a great line up again this year :angry:

and i loved it last time. it is the best festival i have been to :angry:

cheers :angry:

Edited by Tomo18

i fancy lowlands again this year after my visit in 2007

but i was wondering about driving it this time from Manchester.

anyone driven there before?

if so how much are we talking in petrol costs and so on.

looking like a great line up again this year :angry:

and i loved it last time. it is the best festival i have been to :angry:

cheers :angry:

Just tried one of those online planners for travel through Europe. It says it'd take about 9,5 hours from Manchester to Biddinghuizen (by ferry, without breaks). Petrol costs would be about 80 quids - but that depends considerably on in which country you get it (seriously: compare prices between UK/France/Belgium/The Netherlands before you go!). You could compare a few of those website and take the average journey time!

Oh wow, get a load of that, it's been sold out already! (see their website) Don't think that has ever happened so early! But new tickets might still come available when they've started blocking all tickets that have been sold to secondary ticketing agencies (they are being particularly hard on those this year). So if someone would still like to get a ticket, better not try to use one of those agencies, but keep checking the official website, I guess...

Oh wow, get a load of that, it's been sold out already! (see their website) Don't think that has ever happened so early! But new tickets might still come available when they've started blocking all tickets that have been sold to secondary ticketing agencies (they are being particularly hard on those this year). So if someone would still like to get a ticket, better not try to use one of those agencies, but keep checking the official website, I guess...

Tickets for this year seem to be sold out!

Anyone know of any other sites selling them? There is a few English ones but there €250+

I got a ticket but two of my stupid friends just booked their flights and hadn't booked the festival yet!

New names again!

Faith No More

Kaiser Chiefs

Grace Jones

Grizzly bear

Paul Kalkbrenner

Tiga

Dixon

The Parlor Mob

Junior Boys

Don't know what all these announcements will leave for Pinkpop, when traditionally they revealed most of the line-up, but who cares...

There are a lot of sites selling tickets but they will be made invalid. Then those tickets will be sold again on the lowlands website.