Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

Did your account get debited the ticket cost? I got my ticket in DECEMBER, that's when it fell thru my letter box. I would be tempted to e-mail them if you still don't have it.

2007 i did trains, and they were pretty cheap if booked in advance. If you are doing 100% trains you can book via eurostar to Köln, then get a single train to Koblenz. I did all my tickets in advance, we just got the first shuttle bus to Koblenz, and sat around for a few hours awaiting the scheduled train.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need your help again .... i will be in frankfurt main at 3-6 at 21.00... i know that trains to koblenz will run that time.. but after that.. will i find a bus to take me to the ring? or do i have to take a taxi?( and if i have to take a taxi how much it costs from there?) really thanks!!

there is a 21:59 ICE train from Frankfurt airport (Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf) to Koblenz, arrives at 23:10.

I am not sure what times the shuttles run of a wednesday tho, so it might be a taxi Jobby.

There is a 23:28 service arriving at 00:45.

Edited by JoshBosh

If you need a bus from frankfurt hahn or koln/bonn, check out our website at www.eufest.com. We run buses direct from the airports to the festival, so you don't have to mess about with public transport. And we'll even stop off at the supermarket on the way so you can stock up on beers.

All the details of times and prices are on the website, but if you have any questions then just email on at rock@eufest.com.

Derm :rolleyes:

Well the alternative stage had the barrier at the front so you could not get on stage, and it had the usual barrier to seperate the pit from the rest of the area.

The Main stage had a second barrier about 40m away from the pit barrier, you must remember how narrow the main stage area is at Rock am Ring, there are fences one side, and the pit garage on the other, last thing you want is a whole group of people surging down there.

in years prior to 2008, there were only 2 barriers (stage/pit barier and pit/rest barrier) even on main stage, i was able to get in there without much hasle on most concerts in 2007, with 3 barriers in place it's almost impossible beacuse there aren't alot of people going out of these areas and "circulation" isn't that great beacuse people know it will be hard to get back in the same spot, you had to be next to the barriers before concert started. On most popular bands, metallica playing after offspring, they weren't leting anyone into the pit in between concerts beacuse it was so packed.

I've noticed alot of people just staying there for a whole day or a half when in 2007 you could run in between stages and get into the pit beacuse a lot of people were moving between stages :ph34r:

That's crazyness. Didnt know you were posting either... yeah totally going back this year with Ross.

Nice one, should try and maybe meet up again...well up for another wee lidl trip lol. Only a few thousand tiks left better get on it if Ferg and Kev are coming back. I think this year we'll be getting to the campsite on the wednesday...have you got your flights yet?

lmao, definately Karen would be a good laugh. Were gonna get there the weds again like last year and make the most of the camping :rolleyes: We haven't booked our flights yet, still not 100% sure how were doing it. I might even drive. I think wee-Insomniac from the forum might by coming down with us too cause dan lives in manchester aswell. Too many options ;)

lmao, definately Karen would be a good laugh. Were gonna get there the weds again like last year and make the most of the camping :lol: We haven't booked our flights yet, still not 100% sure how were doing it. I might even drive. I think wee-Insomniac from the forum might by coming down with us too cause dan lives in manchester aswell. Too many options ;)