Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

Hey you all,

Some of you already know me ( hi Josh :P ) or remmember me from last year ( hi Squig :) ),

Im gonna help you guys make this topic grow a little bit faster hehe

As some of you probably noticed there's "Promo video" (the one you have to hit play button) on official website of rock am ring and The Killers, Placebo, Slipknot are mentioned as if they were headliners this year... hopefull just for now :).

Last year i can see at least 5 emails with band list updates, 4 prior to march, then next one was on 9th april so there's still hope for quite a few good bands and maybe even someone who will be headlining.

Im a bit disapointed myself in the same way as you guys are with HUGE names missing from the list but there's loads of great bands already which means i'll have to run in between stages again!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think crue were ruled out because they are playing shows in finland around the time of Rock Am Ring.

Just checked their schedule:

Jun 04, 2009 St. Petersburg RU New Arena

Jun 06, 2009 Tampere FI Sauna Open Air

Jun 08, 2009 Bergen NO Vestlandshallen

This would mean doing Russia, Germany (RAR), Finland, Germany (RIP), Norway on 5 consectutive days - fairly unlikely. :D

Hi All,

Was just looking on Ringrocker.......70 odd bands confirmed..... hopefully we can expect around 10 or so more?? Please Please Please let Static-X be one of them! Then my life will be complete!

Anyone got any ideas on if/when we'll get another announcement??

Edited by jimbot272

Quick Q about camping ...

Are allowed gazebos ?

Not gonna get there untill mid afternoon on the thursday, take it we'll still get a spot to fit 4 tents together ? Not that fussed about getting in the campsite closest to the arena ( i take it the campsites seperate to the arena ? similar set up to Leeds festival ? ).

Whats the crack with taking cooking stoves onto the campsite ? take it smaller portable ones are ok ??

Is there any aerial photos of the festival ?

Cheers

Quick Q about camping ...

Are allowed gazebos ?

Not gonna get there untill mid afternoon on the thursday, take it we'll still get a spot to fit 4 tents together ? Not that fussed about getting in the campsite closest to the arena ( i take it the campsites seperate to the arena ? similar set up to Leeds festival ? ).

Whats the crack with taking cooking stoves onto the campsite ? take it smaller portable ones are ok ??

Is there any aerial photos of the festival ?

Cheers

Edited by JoshBosh

Gazebos, Yes

You should get enough space at a camp a bit further afield, might need to buy busses to and from the enterance tho.

Take a BBQ, glass, gas stoves, what ever you want.... just don't have an open fire ;)

Quick camping map from 2008

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/pdf/Park-und-Z...e-Plan-2008.pdf

And from 2007

www.rock-am-ring.com/pdf/Park-und-Zeltplatze-Plan-2007.pdf

I was in that white strip between B2a and B3 ;)

also B4a was parking, i don't know what it was ment to be.....

Oh there are walkways, you are likly to be pointed towards another camp if the one you head to is full. I don't remember the staff having radio's, so they may not always know 100% where there are spaces.

I am pretty sure you should be fine with a 4KG bottle, the tent next to me had a similar size one last year inside their tent. Just dont do anything stupid with it whilst drunk, and you'll be fine! ;)

There are 'walkways' (aka roads) all over the place, just follow the crowds, thurs afternoon you should get an alright camping spot. Follow the crowds thursday night to the party tent, that is near the main enterance, this should give you a feel for the layout on foot.

If i was to pick a camp to head for, it would be any of the D's as they are near the rear entry, the C's are not that far from the enterance, but the B's are in my mind the best, B2a and B3, but they fill up wednesday morning!

Christ thats a bizarre set up, wasn't expecting it to be like that !!

Do the organisers direct you into certain areas or can you choose where you want to go ? any recomendations ? bearing in mind were not gonna be arriving untill mid afternoon on thursday.

Whats the crack with the bus's, do you have to buy tickets or do you just get on and pay ? how much ?

I take it theres still walk ways between the campsite and entrance to the arena ?

Just on another Q on gas stoves, we've got a twin ring cooking stove that uses a 4kg butane bottle, would that be allowed in ??

Many thanks

Cool, i'll bring the butane along !!

Are the bus's to take you from the campsite to the entrance or are they to get from drop off points (outside the festival) to the campsites ??

We'll be driving there, so take it we can drive straight in ??

Cheers