Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

... everyday i learn something new about rock am ring here f**k...i have much to learn yet..... :unsure: ... something else.. i want to paint a flag and bring it with me at rar...i know that flags are alowed but is something else i need to know about it?? maybe about the size or i dont know ..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... everyday i learn something new about rock am ring here f**k...i have much to learn yet..... :unsure: ... something else.. i want to paint a flag and bring it with me at rar...i know that flags are alowed but is something else i need to know about it?? maybe about the size or i dont know ..

Bring a varity of clothing..... It has been known to SNOW.

Really tho, the ring is at a decent altitude, so expect it to be a little cooler than most places. The australians i met last year were in Jeans and t-shirts, bring a hoodie/jumper for the evenings after the music finishes, and you are sitting around talking to random people! :unsure:

Last year it was a mix, i went to Magalluf the month before and come back whiter than i went and i got the MEANEST tan at RAR last year, sunburnt head to toe, 1 or 2 days were really good. Some nights it was cold as fook though and rained a couple of mornings, think the night prodigy was playing it pissed it down.

Last year it was a mix, i went to Magalluf the month before and come back whiter than i went and i got the MEANEST tan at RAR last year, sunburnt head to toe, 1 or 2 days were really good. Some nights it was cold as fook though and rained a couple of mornings, think the night prodigy was playing it pissed it down.

I think i can post links here, http://dealextreme.com search for flag, they have blue, yellow, and pink blank flags for $5.50US with free world wide shipping. I can vouch for the site, they are not a scam, payment via paypal, but everything is shipped from hong kong so expect 2 weeks for delivery. Alternatively i remember seeing lots of blank flags on ebay UK last year.

Cool, i'll bring the butane along !!

Are the bus's to take you from the campsite to the entrance or are they to get from drop off points (outside the festival) to the campsites ??

We'll be driving there, so take it we can drive straight in ??

Cheers

manage to keep it for 3 or so trips, and its paid for its self tho.

I suppose if you are in a further camp you will by less willing to treck back and forward, so.... erm... friday - sunday at 6 trips if you stay all day.

I was back to the tent at all weird hours during the day when there was nothing i really wanted to see on stage.

Sorry I joined this one a bit late, but i notice your from the UK, if you are using the shuttle bus I guess that must me you are flying? If so you wont be able to bring ANY form of gas with you and if its in your luggage you will get the rubber glove treatment............

The maps i threw in earlier had a scale on, b2a b3 and a7 are 3-5 mins sobar walk to the wrist band check, then from there its about a minute to the tent, 4 sobar minutes to the alternative stage, and about 10 minutes battling the temptation to buy a hat, kebab, and hair braiding to get to the main stage.

Yes there are shuttles around the camp sites, black route and yellow route, as shown on the camping maps.

Camp b5 is about 1.5KM from the entry, so thats about 20 mins walk?

Edited by JoshBosh

The maps i threw in earlier had a scale on, b2a b3 and a7 are 3-5 mins sobar walk to the wrist band check, then from there its about a minute to the tent, 4 sobar minutes to the alternative stage, and about 10 minutes battling the temptation to buy a hat, kebab, and hair braiding to get to the main stage.

Yes there are shuttles around the camp sites, black route and yellow route, as shown on the camping maps.

I'm in Ireland and booked my tickets for the fest in January, just wondering has anyone else still not received them in the post yet? Can't remember whether they said they get sent in March or April :D

Also, i'm flying into Frankfurt main and then getting a train to Koblenz, should i book the train tickets before or just buy them when I get there?

Thanks for any help!! :)

beekay - im in scotland and bought mine the middle of feb and dont have them yet. I got mine from tickets per post. On the website it says that tickets haven't been printed yet. I bought off them last year so i wouldnt worry think it will be fine.

in regards to train, on the way home last year we bought our tickets at the train station to go Koblenz to Frankfurt. It was fine getting them but i dunno if there cheaper buying in advance? also may be difficult to work out a time to get it esp on way back. maybe someone else can confirm if cheaper buying in advance...