Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For rock im park (RIP) you can get a metro style train from the airport in nuremberg this takes about 20 mins to the main station from the main station your ticket will give you free acess to the trams. i think its tram 11 but ask in the main rail station to be sure. this tram will take you right to the festival just exit when everyone else does.

Munich, Frankfurt Main, Frankfurt Hahn are doable, maybe there are so0me smaller ones in that area as well (würzburg? Erfurt). I am sure you can find a map of german airports on wikipedia.

found this:

fliegenundumwelt_karte.gif

Edited by Squig

this year im flying into hannover from newcastle and that was less than 30 pounds im going to train it from hannover only takes 3 hours according to the db timetables. if you book your flight soon you might be able to get a db special offer they have earlybird style train prices for 29 euros a trip.

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe...ocol=http:&

train timetable and trip prices in the link above.

it might be worth you flying to london first if you can get that cheap enough thenyou can fly from stansted airport with air berlin to nuremberg CHEAP i did it last year this way.

LONE TRAVELLER ALERT !!!

Hey guys, i have just found myself in the unfortunate position of either not going or going myself. I have therefore decided that I must go and I will be going myself. I'm from Scotland and I am arriving on Tuesday midnight at Hahn Airport. Staying at the Airport due to crap arrival time so if anyone is getting to FrankFurt Hahn Wednesday lone traveller or not and doesn't mind a tag a long would be much appreciated!

Avnon - i have emailed you with a ticket for sale offer and poss a meet-up!

If any other lone travellers or what not are arriving at Hahn on Wednesday let me know and maybe we can meet? my email address is girlypunk104[at]hotmail.com

Cheers, Karen

LONE TRAVELLER ALERT !!!

Hey guys, i have just found myself in the unfortunate position of either not going or going myself. I have therefore decided that I must go and I will be going myself. I'm from Scotland and I am arriving on Tuesday midnight at Hahn Airport. Staying at the Airport due to crap arrival time so if anyone is getting to FrankFurt Hahn Wednesday lone traveller or not and doesn't mind a tag a long would be much appreciated!

Avnon - i have emailed you with a ticket for sale offer and poss a meet-up!

If any other lone travellers or what not are arriving at Hahn on Wednesday let me know and maybe we can meet? my email address is girlypunk104[at]hotmail.com

Cheers, Karen

LONE TRAVELLER ALERT !!!

I'm from Scotland and I am arriving on Tuesday midnight at Hahn Airport. Staying at the Airport due to crap arrival time so if anyone is getting to FrankFurt Hahn Wednesday lone traveller or not and doesn't mind a tag a long would be much appreciated!

hahn airport is middle of nowhere but i've been able to get late bus two years ago.

there's a bus at 00:30 Kastellaun 00:55 01:35 bis Köln, Hbf 03:00 (Bohr) Abfahrt an Haltestelle 7

the other part is what to do at koblenz train station at 1:35am lol (buses to ring are running from 10am or something like that)

you can try to get a taxi from there to nurburgring with some people (chances aren't that great) it was around 100-120euros from there, or just get a taxi straight from hahn

Edited by serch

Hi guys,

looking to get to rock am ring this year and got a few questions. If you can help me out that would be great....

1. looking to get a flight to Hahn on thurs 4th (arrives 22.40) can I still get a bus to Koblenz and then nurburgring at this time or am i gunna have to book a hotel in hahn for the night?

2. if i have to stay in a hotel overnight am I going to be alright getting a camping space on friday morning?

3. to evilhasnever, have you still got a spare ticket????

any help will be greatly appreciated! :huh:

1. looking to get a flight to Hahn on thurs 4th (arrives 22.40) can I still get a bus to Koblenz and then nurburgring at this time or am i gunna have to book a hotel in hahn for the night?

Getting to RAR from Hahn via bus

This is the cheapest option. Buses to the city of Koblenz (the German equivalent of somewhere like Stoke; big, but nothing really to write home about, there're shops and hotels and stuff) run every 2 hours from Hahn (TIMETABLE) and takes about an hour.

The coach from Hahn to Koblenz costs 12 euros (not including shuttle bus to the ring)

Upon reaching Hahn, you should can stock up on food and drink at the nearby supermarket (Chris- Map/check)

You then must get the shuttle bus to RAR from Koblenz bus station, this journey takes about an hour.

The shuttle bus from the Koblenz station to the Ring is not free! It costs 10 Euros for a return ticket. So don't lose your ticket unless you don't want to pay again on the way back.

Remember: The place where the busses leave after the festival is a different one than the one where they arrive. It is near campsite D9 (1km from the main entrance).

(Quote from FAQ, not sure on times but you'll be able to find them out by contacting German tourist information etc)

2. if i have to stay in a hotel overnight am I going to be alright getting a camping space on friday morning?

You will find somewhere but its most likely gonna be outside the portapotties, not that that matters much all the germans piss in bushes :(. But nah on a more serious note alot of people arrive on the weds and take the good spaces, the main bulk arrives on the thursday and the rest of the scragglers that havent arrived yet come friday morning. You can leave a 10"sq of grass between your tents for a BBQ and by the time you wake up a German would have managed to pitch a tent in it :huh:

Edited by Avnon

Steve, yeah i think it was your hotmail address, whatever one you posted on here a while back altho i may have typed it in wrong.

Cool cool, you can let me know what time you book flights for then, i'll literally just be assing about until your flight gets in so i'll just be waiting the other end for ya.

sloaney007 - yes i have a ticket, but there has been interest so it's first come, first served i guess!!!

Also... Anyone who 100% wants my ticket email me at girlypunk104[at]hotmail.com, i check my email account more regular than on here. I'm selling it face value and I have the ticket to hand!

cool, thanks for the info guys. im struggling to get an earlier flight so its looking like im gunna be arriving on friday morning. Hopefully there will be some ok spaces left, dont mind abit of a walk to the main stage anyway, itl give me a chance to have afew beers on the hoof!! :P

evil - il let you know by friday if I need your extra ticket. I understand that its first come first served. cheers.

Oh, another quick question. whats the weather normally like? am I going to need waterproofs or suncream?

thanks all.

Hey sloaney yeah can you let me know asap koz i might just put it on ebay and sell it that way if i cant get it sold on here.

The festival's worth even arriving on the friday, so i wouldnt worry too much.

Well i think thats the trickest of questions...last year it went from torrential, soaked to the bone rain on the friday night to absolute blitzin the sky warm on the sunday - i mean like hot enough to get burnt..... so prepare for everything...bring sunscreen and a decent rain jacket i guess.

thanks for the reply evil.

I have got travel plans etc for rock am ring and that is my first choice but the backup festival this year is going to be download. just waiting for a friend to get back from scotland and confirm what he wants to do. he was supposed to be back yesterday but his van got totalled by a tractor on the way back!

il let you know as soon as i speak to him.

The Main stage is usually the first one to finish. Then there's the last biggest act on alternastage and then the last act in the tent starts (Justice last year).

The club tent (outside the actually festival terrain, on the way to the camping lots) will be open uintil the early morning hours, and there will be parties on the camping areas 24/6 anyways, so there sure is stuff to do.

The weather is indeed unpredictable, in 06 I saw actuially snow the first night. Bring shorts, t-shirts, sunscreen, sunglasses, jeans, boots (it can get muddy), sweatshirts and a rain jacket. An extra blanket, if you have enough space in your luggage, helped me during some nights as well (not a must though).