Glastonbury Security

Guest RetinalRob

Last year we let our son go to the festival for the first time on his own but with other adult friends who we new. On the Saturday night he found him self in a dark part of Glasto around near the cinema field. He was a bit lost and was following a few people who were ahead of him. Security suddenly stopped him and started to ask him where he was going etc. before he had a chance to explain he was attacked and beaten to the ground, he passed out and found himself outside the festival with no shirt one wellie missing and freezing cold. To cut a long story short he managed to get hold of us at home and we got him back in after 6 hours and interviews with the Police and Glasto officials.

We wrote to Mr Eavis a week after my son returned and got no reply to our concerns.

The letter was sent redgistered post to him personally.

Anyone sending their Young adults to the festival please BEWARE nad try to stick together in 2s.

Got our tickets for next year and still waiting for that reply :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year we let our son go to the festival for the first time on his own but with other adult friends who we new. On the Saturday night he found him self in a dark part of Glasto around near the cinema field. He was a bit lost and was following a few people who were ahead of him. Security suddenly stopped him and started to ask him where he was going etc. before he had a chance to explain he was attacked and beaten to the ground, he passed out and found himself outside the festival with no shirt one wellie missing and freezing cold. To cut a long story short he managed to get hold of us at home and we got him back in after 6 hours and interviews with the Police and Glasto officials.

We wrote to Mr Eavis a week after my son returned and got no reply to our concerns.

Anyone sending their Young adults to the festival please BEWARE nad try to stick together in 2s.

Edited by Alcatraz

Thanks Alcatraz for your responce and understanding :)

It's interesting, we hear these kind of stories every year when the vast majority never see things like this happening. But such is life we can expect things like it do happen, in which case it's sound advice.

As a young adult myself, i've never felt threatened at Glastonbury, although as a big guy i'm not a target. Glad your coming back again and hope you wont have any troubles :)

I'm sure your son isn't a liar but I find it highly unbelievable that your son was randomly stopped by security and beaten unconscious then chucked out of the site. There is blatantly more to the story that is not being let on. I was alone this year as a 16 year old and never felt threatened at any point whatsoever. Why would security just go up to people and ask where they are going?

If the security had reason to remove him from the site they would certainly not beat anybody up unless provoked first.

Do you think he could have ended up outside the site without the festival knowing who they were ejecting? Thats why they got him back in because they had no record of him being ejected. You cant simply be chucked out they have a process to follow out. I dont think for one minute my son is an angel but i do know the damage done to him by security was real and im sure others will confirm this has happend to others. Dont be so nieve.

I'm sure your son isn't a liar but I find it highly unbelievable that your son was randomly stopped by security and beaten unconscious then chucked out of the site. There is blatantly more to the story that is not being let on. I was alone this year as a 16 year old and never felt threatened at any point whatsoever. Why would security just go up to people and ask where they are going?

If the security had reason to remove him from the site they would certainly not beat anybody up unless provoked first.

Do you think he could have ended up outside the site without the festival knowing who they were ejecting? Thats why they got him back in because they had no record of him being ejected. You cant simply be chucked out they have a process to follow out. I dont think for one minute my son is an angel but i do know the damage done to him by security was real and im sure others will confirm this has happend to others. Dont be so nieve.

Given that the Glastonbury site is the size of a town, it's common sense not to hang around in the dark on your own, whatever the circumstances (although I probably would but then I'm a big lass and I know my way round the site.)

However this does sound rather like this story was made up to cover an ejection for some other reason.

it unfortunately wouldnt surprise me all that much. I have friends who worked with the security company last year and they spoke about some of the twatish security who would beat people up/rob them for a laugh, as they know they can get away with it! Unfortunately they hold a reasonable amount of power at the festival, as if its our word against theirs, we are'nt going to be believed!

How the hell am I being naive?! Firstly, I have never heard of such violence from security guards - ESPECIALLY unprovoked. It is so very obvious that your son was doing something he shouldn't have been doing to get thrown out like that.