Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, this may be the way forward after all.

*Should Culty listen to efests he wonders?*

Culty hates talking in the third person. It really f**ks him off!

just got back from saw V and thought it was great. loads of loose ends tied up. although this one has alot of focus on the storey and less gore it by far has the most sick scene of the entire series in it.

the last game for these people is to fill some cups to 10 pints of blood to unlock the door to escape the room with a timer about to set off a nail bomb. they have to stick their hands in a box with these razors spining in them but they can only cut straight up between their fingers and up into their arms.

I quite like pitt and clooney. neither seem to take themselves seriously and strike me as guys that would be good for a laugh on a night out.

Personally I think both have done some enjoyable (sometimes excellent) roles/films aswell.

pitt: fight club, 12 monkeys, se7en, interview with the vampire, true romance, legends of the fall, snatch...supposedly babel and jesse james are both excellent aswell

clooney: syriana, o brother where art thou, michael clayton, thin red line, three kings, dusk til dawn, welcome to collinwood

even the oceans series are quite fun. I enjoy them.

regards burn after reading, it is classic coens for me, although perhaps not my favoured piece. but it's well paced and edited; it's only just over 90mins, a rarity in todays world. Excellent performances from all and it's great to francis mcdormand back. Very funny in places.

definitely worth your time I'd say.

pitt: fight club, 12 monkeys, se7en, interview with the vampire, true romance, legends of the fall, snatch...babel

clooney: syriana, o brother where art thou, michael clayton, thin red line, three kings, dusk til dawn,

Edited by worm

Saw a couple of really good films yesterday.

The Wave

A german (significantly) film based on an experiment conducted by an american teacher to show just how quickly fascism takes hold. Starts of with the kids bored and pissed off about hearing about the Nazis again, and claiming that they've moved on and it could never happen in modern germany. So the teacher turns them into a fascist group, with him as leader. Things move scarily fast, it spreads through the school, uniforms, salutes, people being hassled, and worse. The only problem i had with it was it all seemed to happen to fast (within a week) which i thought was just doen for dramatic effect, but reading about the original experimant, that one escalated out of control within a week too,, although didn't have quite the dramatic ending of the film.

Also, Empties.

A great little czech film, funy, moving, clever. Its about a retired teacher who takes a job in a supermarket collecting the returned bottles for recycling.

Saw a couple of really good films yesterday.

The Wave

A german (significantly) film based on an experiment conducted by an american teacher to show just how quickly fascism takes hold. Starts of with the kids bored and pissed off about hearing about the Nazis again, and claiming that they've moved on and it could never happen in modern germany. So the teacher turns them into a fascist group, with him as leader. Things move scarily fast, it spreads through the school, uniforms, salutes, people being hassled, and worse. The only problem i had with it was it all seemed to happen to fast (within a week) which i thought was just doen for dramatic effect, but reading about the original experimant, that one escalated out of control within a week too,, although didn't have quite the dramatic ending of the film.