Bella 2009

Guest thedementedpoppet

hopefully the stranglers will be on the bill.also wishbone ash,fish,marillion,jethro tull would be good.how about something a bit heavier for a change like saxon,girlschool,even motorhead?as they got a legendry american band this year(jefferson starship)they could go for the doobie brothers next time.as for scottish stuff then nazareth,sensational alex harvey band and gerry rafferty would be excellent.mind you rafferty's had problems recently and hasnt done live stuff since the 1993 tour so he'd probly be out.

Jethro Tull would be good. I saw Stranglers at Loopallu 2 years ago and was disappointed. How about The View, Snow Patrol, Zutons, Belle and Seb, My chemical Romance.....Revisits from Peat Bog Faeries, Dangleberries, Vatersay boys ....SFG seemed keen to come back (early evening Garden Stage would be ideal).

Mr G says Inspiral Carpets, the Charlatans or Jarvis Cocker and a couple of good tribute bands would be good. The Levellers would be good too. That's the opinion of the Burghead panel anyway...

More opinions from MrG - Ash, Flaming Lips, Interpol :rolleyes: , Muse :) , Shed Seven, Super Furry animals, British Sea Power, Doves (if their still going), and the ulitmate headliner - a reunited Stone Roses :O:(:P:O:( ..

Also Red Hot Chilli Pipers...

Edited by stevieg72

Seconded on the above -

The Levellers

Dangleberries

Flaming Lips

BSP

Editors

Also -

Elbow

Feeder

Luva Anna

Alabama 3

Squeeze

Michael Franti

Manu Chao

The Presets

The Aliens

Edited by Paul ™

Jethro Tull would be good. I saw Stranglers at Loopallu 2 years ago and was disappointed. How about The View, Snow Patrol, Zutons, Belle and Seb, My chemical Romance.....Revisits from Peat Bog Faeries, Dangleberries, Vatersay boys ....SFG seemed keen to come back (early evening Garden Stage would be ideal).

Mr G says Inspiral Carpets, the Charlatans or Jarvis Cocker and a couple of good tribute bands would be good. The Levellers would be good too. That's the opinion of the Burghead panel anyway... :rolleyes:

much as i love motorhead (favourite song - love me like a reptile) - i don't think they're right for belladrum

I agree with flaming lips & squeeze from earlier suggestions.

I would add Dick gaughan & michael marra from scotland along with the awesome fiddler's bid from shetland.

Richard Thompson & Billy Bragg

I adored Rachel Unthank & the Winterset & would love to see them back but please don''t put them somewhere where they have to compete with music 100 times louder than them from the next stage.

The Bonzo Dog band reformed recently. They would be great.

I would have Scouting for Girls back - they really put on a great show & if you're having a festival with an emphasis on families you need some music that kids like.

& some blues please!!!

whilst picking up a friend at the premier inn in inverness he was talking too a few of the waterboys.they're keyboard player is richard naif.(he rememberd me from the paul roberts & baz warne gig in nairn 6 years ago)anyway he also does keyboards for soulsec and i reckon they would be brilliant for next years festival.check out they're my space to hear a track or two.

Editors are a good shout and apparently would be keen to play Bella again. Also.. Levellers, Robots In Disguise, Elbow, and most of the rest list that Paul suggested with the addition of IAMX :rolleyes:

bands that would make me weep with joy if announced for bella 2009

Doves

Elbow

Gogol Bordello

Editors

Easy Star All Stars

The Draytones

Happy Mondays

My Bloody Valentine

The Fall

Brian Jonestown Massacre

The Stranglers