Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
craigb

Tramlines 2017

84 posts in this topic

Line up released and new look site. Exclusively outdoor! 

All Saints / The Libertines / Toots and the Maytals

The Coral / Metronomy / The Pharcyde / Twin Atlantic / We Are Scientists

Akala / Alvarez Kings / Blaenavon / Bossy Love / Cabbage / Cate Le Bon / Don Letts / Estrons / Fizzy Blood / Goat Girl / Hot 8 Brass Band / Jalen N'Gonda / John Joseph Brill / Lucy Spraggan / Mike Hughes  / M.O / Nadia Rose / Omar Souleyman / Sheffield's Sgt Pepper Project / Spring King / The Age of LUNA / The Magic Gang  / The Wharves  / Yorkston Thorne Khan

Bit disappointed as love diving in the venues and discovering new acts. But they've made it no secret they wanted to change it into a paid festival. If venues offering up free music suppose they can't achieve that. 

Don't forget to suuport efestivals if you getting a ticket. Use affiliate ticket link - https://www.gigantic.com/tramlines-sheffield-city-centre-various-venues-2017-07-21-12-00?affiliate=efestivals

Edited by craigb
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy about Libs but Tramluybes website has got them down for the Wednesday which is a bit odd. Looks like they're treating as it's own headline show but since I don't care for the rest of the line up I'm happy with that. Wish it was Saturday as City Hall always get some great Math/Post Hardcore/Emo stuff on the Sat.

Also wonder who the other headliners are as it doesn't look like it'll be All Saints & Toots :P . Weyll just have to see after Truck I guess

Edited by justanothername
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome start so far, the Wednesday thing on the site could be a typo or just a place holder until they confirm the day but I'm not sure. Going always a good time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Happy about Libs but Tramluybes website has got them down for the Wednesday which is a bit odd. Looks like they're treating as it's own headline show but since I don't care for the rest of the line up I'm happy with that. Wish it was Saturday as City Hall always get some great Math/Post Hardcore/Emo stuff on the Sat.

Also wonder who the other headliners are as it doesn't look like it'll be All Saints & Toots :P . Weyll just have to see after Truck I guess

Press reads: Headline acts include iconic indie band The Libertines, legendary ska band Toots and the Maytals and R&B girl-group 
All Saints. 

The Libertines have been updated on the site to Friday. 

This year the festival is "exclusively outdoor event, spanning three of Sheffield’s best park spaces" 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I heard, All Saints weren't the headliner and neither were Toots, still think they're eyeing up some more current urban acts to head up the Saturday on Ponderosa and Sunday on Dev Green, it's being alternated so if it's hip hop/grime/rnb/whatever on main stage, it'll be indie on Dev Green and vice versa

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Last I heard, All Saints weren't the headliner and neither were Toots, still think they're eyeing up some more current urban acts to head up the Saturday on Ponderosa and Sunday on Dev Green, it's being alternated so if it's hip hop/grime/rnb/whatever on main stage, it'll be indie on Dev Green and vice versa

The Libertines, All Saints and Toots are billed as Main stage (Ponderosa) headliners on the press release. But The Libertines playing Fri, while both All Saints and Toots down as playing Sat. Maybe a "co-headliner"  

Devonshire Green is not as clear. Playing the stage though... We Are Scientists, The Coral, The Pharcyde, Cabbage, Estrons, Bossy Love and Fizzy Blood.The Coral could head Sunday against a hip hop headliner

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tramlines is a bit bizarre and sometimes has 6 headliners or something daft, The Coral are headlining Dev Green yeah

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, craigb said:

Press reads: Headline acts include iconic indie band The Libertines, legendary ska band Toots and the Maytals and R&B girl-group 
All Saints. 

The Libertines have been updated on the site to Friday. 

This year the festival is "exclusively outdoor event, spanning three of Sheffield’s best park spaces" 

Fair on the press though the formatting of the line up on social media and the website doesn't make it clear and Friday is fine for me. Also making it 3 stages is dumb. Really dumb.  Hope the free stages stay and stuff from City hall is still somewhere on those 3 stages but I doubt it

32 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Last I heard, All Saints weren't the headliner and neither were Toots, still think they're eyeing up some more current urban acts to head up the Saturday on Ponderosa and Sunday on Dev Green, it's being alternated so if it's hip hop/grime/rnb/whatever on main stage, it'll be indie on Dev Green and vice versa

Hey, know if we're still gonna get stuff like Rolo Tomassi, ASIWYFA and Basement accross the 3 stages or are they binning that this year?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Tramlines is a bit bizarre and sometimes has 6 headliners or something daft, The Coral are headlining Dev Green yeah

Well this is the first year they are doing it "exclusively outdoors" maybe they coming up with some marketing jazz about it being a massive bill like kendal tried with 5/6 headliners.  Hate how they list acts on the site. They just need to do running orders and stages. Especially now the venues aren't involved. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Fair on the press though the formatting of the line up on social media and the website doesn't make it clear and Friday is fine for me. Also making it 3 stages is dumb. Really dumb.  Hope the free stages stay and stuff from City hall is still somewhere on those 3 stages but I doubt it

Hey, know if we're still gonna get stuff like Rolo Tomassi, ASIWYFA and Basement accross the 3 stages or are they binning that this year?

3 outdoor venues(/parks) with 5 stages it's going to be. 

I reckon the venues will prob do their own thing. I can't see the venues sitting back and doing nothing while sheffield's busy weekend goes on around them.  But it won't be part of the Tramlines brand by the looks of it, at the moment. Or maybe marketing ploy to get people to buy tickets 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, craigb said:

The Libertines, All Saints and Toots are billed as Main stage (Ponderosa) headliners on the press release. But The Libertines playing Fri, while both All Saints and Toots down as playing Sat. Maybe a "co-headliner"  

Devonshire Green is not as clear. Playing the stage though... We Are Scientists, The Coral, The Pharcyde, Cabbage, Estrons, Bossy Love and Fizzy Blood.The Coral could head Sunday against a hip hop headliner

Are Metronomy not headlining Sunday? Saw they were second on the poster and down for Sunday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Are Metronomy not headlining Sunday? Saw they were second on the poster and down for Sunday.

Mainstage Sunday. Maybe sub. Doesn't look like mainstage headliner for Sunday announced.

The website and posters are confusing. 

Edited by craigb
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the venues will likely run fringe, Tramlines has always had weird billing, 2013 was a three day festival with one headline act (Lianne La Havas), 2014 had 4, 2015 had 3, 2016 had 5. I don't think they're pushing the exclusively outdoors thing to be honest, haven't answered questions on if the other venues are involved.

JAN - I doubt you're gonna see much rock represented at Tramlines this year

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be a real shame if the venues aren't involved. 

Maybe billed as after parties at the likes of o2, leadmill, Harley. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No indoor venues this year - possible after parties at O2

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird for them to exclude Harley considering Harley own Tramlines

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

No indoor venues this year - possible after parties at O2

I have been saying "Exclusively outdoor" haha

15 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Weird for them to exclude Harley considering Harley own Tramlines

And Wick at Both Ends. But I think it's more sharing parent company / directors. 

They did a night/late/after parties ticket last year. Maybe they will do a separate ticket for the venues this year. I can't see the venues sitting it out and doing nothing when Sheffield has it's highest footfall.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rest of the venues will go fringe as most of the other bars have

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a crying shame for them to get rid of the fringe events and for the smaller venues not to be involved! I have brought my ticket for the weekend though. I only went to the fringe stuff last year, plus how can I miss All Saints? :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas when the next announcement will be? Also, has it been confirmed whether the Libertines are the only headliners so far? Even with the current line up £46 is a bargain, two more headliners is incredible value.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All Saints & Metronomy are the other main stage headliners. Loads more to be announced including the fringe. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was an announcement a few days ago but it was just DJs. Tramlines tweeted a few hours ago that more announcements are coming very soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Pigeon Detective said:

All Saints & Metronomy are the other main stage headliners. Loads more to be announced including the fringe. 

Is that confirmed? Odd for them to put Libertines above All Saints and Metronomy on the poster but I guess the Libertines are where more of the budget went 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems a bit less to my taste each year this festival but i suspect that i am just longing for the time when it was a great place for discovering new bands in pubs........and free!

Still a decent line up for the cost though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2017 at 6:16 PM, Pigeon Detective said:

All Saints & Metronomy are the other main stage headliners. Loads more to be announced including the fringe. 

 

On 23/02/2017 at 0:52 PM, CRW5252 said:

Any ideas when the next announcement will be? Also, has it been confirmed whether the Libertines are the only headliners so far? Even with the current line up £46 is a bargain, two more headliners is incredible value.  

 

On 24/02/2017 at 7:05 PM, CRW5252 said:

Is that confirmed? Odd for them to put Libertines above All Saints and Metronomy on the poster but I guess the Libertines are where more of the budget went 

The Libertines headline Friday. All Saints and Toots are co-headliners on Saturday. The Sunday headliner is yet to be announced...

Metronomy must be subs (but don't know that for sure)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.