Things to avoid and improvements that could be made .

LOCHLAND5

Agreed about the pathways.. much better last year, saying that the weather played it's part too! Fingers crossed for this year as well.

My only suggestion is maybe get the gents urinal points emptied / checked a little more frequently. As soon as they start filling up us chaps seem to revert to caveman mode and p*ss against anything / anyone that isn't moving. We also noticed the urinals at the top of the hill where the Jager house was kept over flowing and making a pee river down the path towards the back stage area...  Granted this made us laugh more than anything but when it was running behind food stalls it looked a little grim.

That said we had an awesome time and we think they did a cracking job last year and look forward to more this time round. 

The bar staff's contactless scam. Experienced this at the real ale tents and have attempted to raise with organisers.

Staff asked for your card before bringing drinks, once in their hand asked "contactless ok?", then couldnt/refused to bring the terminal to you to witness the input. And no ability to print receipts according to bar management! I was done once to the tune of a tenner and also caught them out once. My mate didn't get off as lightly. Sort it KC, bar profits can't be so tight they have to rip us off.

On 2/4/2017 at 7:21 AM, Barneyx said:

The bar staff's contactless scam. Experienced this at the real ale tents and have attempted to raise with organisers.

Staff asked for your card before bringing drinks, once in their hand asked "contactless ok?", then couldnt/refused to bring the terminal to you to witness the input. And no ability to print receipts according to bar management! I was done once to the tune of a tenner and also caught them out once. My mate didn't get off as lightly. Sort it KC, bar profits can't be so tight they have to rip us off.

I experienced contactless at the bars at Bingley last year...couldn't fault it, the terminals were dotted along the bar with clear signage pointing you to the right area where they were sited. However Bingley is run by Bradford council and the bar was run by them (my bank statement showed Bradford Council as payee for my bar transactions) so I expect them not to be as shady as some unscrupulous others.

As good as the concept of the House Party tent is it, it could really do with being bigger. It's hideously hot when there's even a handful of people in it, smells like a football dressing room as well. Calling Out tent gets pretty bad too, could be doing with taking the sides off it at least.

Also, the ice cream vans should probably stock up on water! By later on in the night, they either don't have any or the bottles or hot.