Hosting turn

morph100

Just realised I've been to 11 parties round at Micheal Eavis's farm but I haven't even once invited him round for dinner let alone a week (ish) long party, I feel rude.

Has anyone here had an Eavis round for tea, dinner a party? or is it a one way street?

4 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Just realised I've been to 11 parties round at Micheal Eavis's farm but I haven't even once invited him round for dinner let alone a week (ish) long party, I feel rude.

Has anyone here had an Eavis round for tea, dinner a party? or is it a one way street?

I'm pretty sure he's been to Lord Bath's gaff.

The only way I have tried to reciprocate the party he gives is by officially nominating him to run with the Olympic torch a few years ago along with Ommadawn off efests who knows Michael personally and said he was up for it. I put in the application fair and square detailing his phenominal benevelonce to charity and they didn't take the offer up. They probably thought it was a joke application, even though I gave them the Glastonbury Festival's office number to confirm if the application was true. Shame on them really given that he has done so much for the arts, charity etc of this country more so than many of the others that were chosen to run.

ive had dinner with him :) at a local event , held by the rotary club in a place called west newton , we were told by the organiser that we had been seated on the top table with mr eavis and some random lord of the manor !! because apparently I sounded nice on the phone , he was suitably dressed for the occasion in Diner Jacket and Shorts , I proudly sported my Glastonbury Tshirt , it was a great to chat to my hero

5 hours ago, morph100 said:

I don't think I mix in the Eavis circle and don't think I would be invited but very rude of you not to offer him a shepherds pie during the cold winter months. I have a killer recipe...give it a go! The best I can do is saying hello to Bowie. My God he looked and sounded beautiful that day. Didn't get to eat with him though. You have met the main man.....respect 

I've never met Michael, something that is on the to do list most years is show up at one of his announced appearances over the weekend but I never have. 

I hear I should have been in a certain place at a certain time this year to actually meet him from a friend who works every year & was told to come back next year but I am as of now ticketless (boo)