B&Bs near Festival

GlastoEls

12 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Thank you for that YOAS! Much appreciated. 

Hello GlastoEls. Only too happy to have helped if it has helped. I have previously booked accommodation after the festival in a cheap hotel after the festival. I wouldn't choose a cheap hotel again - I'd rather be next to like minded people who were getting over the festival at Ashcombe Farm.  Same goes for before the festival if that's the way I was approaching it. Luckily for me it's not such a drive from here to the festival in anycase. That said, I don't intend on going back to the festival for quite some time. Wishing you all the best for T Day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4 September 2016 at 10:12 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello GlastoEls. Only too happy to have helped if it has helped. I have previously booked accommodation after the festival in a cheap hotel after the festival. I wouldn't choose a cheap hotel again - I'd rather be next to like minded people who were getting over the festival at Ashcombe Farm.  Same goes for before the festival if that's the way I was approaching it. Luckily for me it's not such a drive from here to the festival in anycase. That said, I don't intend on going back to the festival for quite some time. Wishing you all the best for T Day.

Thank you Yog and best wishes to you for the same!

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You could always take the cheaper option and book up with Ashcombe Farm for camping or caravaning;

http://www.ashcombefarmcaravanandcamping.co.uk/

The money saved would mean you could indulge yourself that little bit more during the festival. Just a thought.

Yep, can't recommend this place enough. Camped there a couple of years ago with a small campervan for a night or two before the fest. Totally down to earth nice folk and very reasonably priced and yes it's literally a couple of minutes walk before you get the festy vibe, albeit in an official carpark.

On 15/09/2016 at 7:25 PM, GlastoEls said:

Thank you Yog and best wishes to you for the same!

We aren't going next year. Not too sure when we'll be going back to be honest. I may have hung up my spurs as far as Glastonbury goes. I've been about 20 times now so maybe making place for someone new to go is the right thing. Still love the place though.

I often have a few pre-festival days in Glastonbury Town.  I highly recommend it.  It is lovely to walk up to the Tor and see the site ready for action in the distance.

My budget is low, so I stay at the Backpackers, but there are plenty of B&B's and guesthouses.  Last year I got a coach package from Birmingham.  I was kind of sad that I couldn't have my pre-fest.

22 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You could have - in Birmingham. I can guarantee that would have made the festival appear better. Only joking - Birmingham is ace.

Oh I did that alright.  Spent two nights in Birmingham.  I had a very pleasant day pottering around getting food and camping supplies for the festival.  But it's not the same as going for walks in scenic Somerset.  Besides Glastonbury Town I have stayed in Cheddar and Street pre-festival.  All lovely places.