Y NOT FESTIVAL 2016

MommaSoph

Y-Not have announced the bands who have been successful in applying through the bandapp and will be playing this years festival.  Personally, delighted to see Babe Punch and The Orielles added to the lineup!  Will need to give the other acts a listen.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the stage times for all of the smaller stages will be put on the lineup planner or if what's already up is all that we'll get before the festival?  Quite a few bands that I plan to see that aren't on there as of yet.

Also, I think The Quarry Sunday times are wrong as there are 2 bands kicking off at 3pm (obviously they can't) and it finishes an hour earlier than the other nights so presume everyone beyond is pushed forward an hour?

17 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Is there much in terms of night time entertainment? 

Yes. Some tents have acts on until late some with live acts, others with djs. Silent disco, organised camp fires, "secret raves", the bars in tents are good fun and lively. 

On 07/07/2016 at 11:36 PM, Ryan17 said:

does anyone know how they split the camp areas? is it like colours like r&l or names for each one?

Bare in mind it's tiny compared to both Reading and Leeds.

Black Dog Camping

Kashmir Camping

Rock N’ Roll Camping

Family camping

Quiet camping

VIP camping 

Edited by craigb

6 hours ago, craigb said:

Bare in mind it's tiny compared to both Reading and Leeds.

Black Dog Camping

Kashmir Camping

Rock N’ Roll Camping

Family camping

Quiet camping

VIP camping 

ah right cheers 

any of those considered a more lively one?

10 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

are there usually any secret sets at all at Y Not? 

Not like Glasto or reading secret sets. You'll get small bands playing unannounced/unscheduled sets from time to time.

Bands that play secret sets normally do it for the publicity at larger festivals. At small and medium festivals there is no real need for it. No benefit for the festival or the act.  

Recommendations for the Allotment stage, anyone?

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160718a.shtml

I definitely want to see Black Honey and Asylums, who I haven't seen before; and The Vryll Society, who I have seen a couple of times and would strongly recommend.  Also having just got back from Latitude and seen Broken Witt Rebels there, I now need to make sure I'm at Y Not early on the Thursday to kick the music off with them at 13:30.

Would highly recommend Little Comets, they're really good! Similar to The Wombats, 2 door cinema club and Vampire weekend  

2 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

I definitely want to see Black Honey and Asylums, who I haven't seen before; and The Vryll Society, who I have seen a couple of times and would strongly recommend.  Also having just got back from Latitude and seen Broken Witt Rebels there, I now need to make sure I'm at Y Not early on the Thursday to kick the music off with them at 13:30.

19 hours ago, craigb said:

Not like Glasto or reading secret sets. You'll get small bands playing unannounced/unscheduled sets from time to time.

Bands that play secret sets normally do it for the publicity at larger festivals. At small and medium festivals there is no real need for it. No benefit for the festival or the act.  

Is latitude much bigger than Y Not then? I saw Ed Sheeran did a surprise set there so there are some surprise sets at smaller festival. 

33 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Is latitude much bigger than Y Not then? I saw Ed Sheeran did a surprise set there so there are some surprise sets at smaller festival. 

Latitude is c.30,000, so approx twice the size of Y Not.  Ed Sheeran doing something at Latitude (and it wasn't a surprise set this year, he joined Foy Vance on stage) is not necessarily that big a surprise as apparently he lives very close to the site.

3 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Latitude is a Live Nation and Festival Republic event. It's got massive backing compared to Y Not. Latitude is twice the size and has backing from some major media partners. 

Plus the event is down south. 

15 hours ago, Born in the fifties said:

Lineup for the Allotment is incredible for me!  I highly recommend Baby Strange and Hidden Charms on the Friday and Cabbage on the Saturday.  Plenty of others on there that interest me, think it may result in quite a lot of clashes!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from The Allotment to Main Stage?  And from The Allotment to The Quarry/The Giant Squid?

1 hour ago, AldoTVAOF said:

Lineup for the Allotment is incredible for me!  I highly recommend Baby Strange and Hidden Charms on the Friday and Cabbage on the Saturday.  Plenty of others on there that interest me, think it may result in quite a lot of clashes!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from The Allotment to Main Stage?  And from The Allotment to The Quarry/The Giant squid?

Going on last year, the allotment and main stage are in the same field so you can be listening to a band on the main stage then turn round and go into the tent. From the allotment to the giant squid its roughly 2 minutes and from the Allotment to the quarry its about 5-10 depending on how many beers you've had.