Android issue

fatyeti24

Using this site on android and chrome Web browser, i often am directed to the play store automatically. I get sent to the purchase page for various games. It happens every few pages I try and load.

Is this meant to happen, or is it a problem with my phone?

There's two reasonable possibilities:-

1. some of the advertisements that we're carrying are trying to hi-jack users in a way they're not meant to do. The ad-house we use do occasionally find these and get them shut-down, but it's something they're only able to do after the ad has started to hi-jack people so for all the while there's scumbag advertisers they'll be an amount of this problem.

2. there's a screen-wide advert that often loads into the bottom of the screen when using a mobile, but which is about the last thing on the page to load - so the screen space is allocated to the ad but you aren't (yet) seeing it. If you click in that temporarily-invisible ad space you'll get taken where the ad wants to take you.

From my own experiences I know the 2nd of these causes what you're experiencing, so it's worth waiting just a second longer before clicking on that new page. I've personally never experienced the first of these but it is a possibility, I guess.

Edited by eFestivals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...