NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

11 hours ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

A strange post posting a very old post?

Not really, its a known issue with the site that the quote thing is fucked. I tried posting a while back and quoted by accident, couldn't get rid of it. Laptop fucked so only way to get rid of it so i can post on my phone is to post it. 

Soz

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I was looking up tour dates earlier of bands I've seen at glasto before and would like to see again, and Eels were among them. Nothing listed at the moment, but there's still 4 months to go, so who knows? Fingers crossed! :) 

Yeah until they arent there we still have hope

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That was my joke. Much as I'm sure Mrs scruff would welcome a chance to part exchange me i wasn't really offering her to the yeti. 

She may want rid of me but she ain't that desperate yet. 

I hate it when that happens.  No wonder my youngest has problems, I get more aspie by the day!

Are you a PJ Harvey fan, thurlow? Any suggestions where I should start? I've only knowingly heard the songs she did with Nick Cave. I was put off listening to her by a friend of mine who was part of her touring band years back. He said she was a right pain in the arse to work with. Willing to give her a listen, though, if you can give me some tips. 

15 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Personal opinion is that let England shake is brilliant when you first hear it and definitely to be admired but for some reason it isn't one to revisit often. Can't argue with the musical expertise on it but for me it's missing something that I can't put my finger on. 

10 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Yeah its different but not in a bad way

Thanks, guys. I'll give those 3 a listen and see how I get on. 

4 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Any early thoughts mr g?

I just listened to to bring you my love

Just finished Stories from... Have to admit I'm a bit put off by her voice, which reminds me of Chrissie Hynde, who I've never liked. Musically and lyrically interesting, enough to make me carry on listening, but I think I'm unlikely to be convinced. Open mind, though!

Just now, mr gumby said:

Just finished Stories from... Have to admit I'm a bit put off by her voice, which reminds me of Chrissie Hynde, who I've never liked. Musically and lyrically interesting, enough to make me carry on listening, but I think I'm unlikely to be convinced. Open mind, though!

Thats the thing about music, not everyone likes the same stuff

Dont sweat it it you arent keen

28 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Thats the thing about music, not everyone likes the same stuff

Dont sweat it it you arent keen

Yeah, I'm not keen to be honest. I've now listened to a few tracks each from the other albums mentioned, and I just can't get past the nasal quality in her voice. Oh well, it was worth a try! Glad there are people looking forward to seeing her, anyway :) 

9 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You surprise me but fair enough. Thought there'd be crossover with your cave/eels fandom. Don't even know why that's logical but in my head it is. Mick Harvey is all over stories from the city with his bass and production. 

Yeah, like I said, musically interesting, but the voice puts me off. 

Alright chaps!! 

From my desk I can see blue sky, a bit of wispy cloud, and a plane just flew over. Lovely! Yesterday I had a small puddle in my car though, so you know, swings and roundabouts!! 

I hope the lovely weather gods are practicing the sunshine for the fest! It's so nice! 

4 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Alright chaps!! 

From my desk I can see blue sky, a bit of wispy cloud, and a plane just flew over. Lovely! Yesterday I had a small puddle in my car though, so you know, swings and roundabouts!! 

I hope the lovely weather gods are practicing the sunshine for the fest! It's so nice! 

You really should go to the toilet before you leave work :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Hello everyone.

thought I would log in and say hello.

really need to stop being so busy and concentrate on NFR duties.

Hope everyone is well and not having much bad stuff going on.

Afternoon Splodge long time no hear, good to hear from ya mate :thumbsu:

With you on PJ Harvey mate you hit the nail on the head with that, i think that's why i cant fully get into her, don`t get me wrong i do like her and listen quiet often but its the Chrissie Hynde voice i cant get my head around. 

Same here today Lucy the ninja its bloody lovely out today and get the feeling its just a practice for end of June :)