Best place to camp with kids (not necessarily family camping)

Wondermum

Similar query over camping with kids. Haven't been for a while but going with another family who always camp in cockmills. Problem is potentially getting to site at 7am on weds and my tent is a family one - 3.2m x 5m. Other family reckon it is unlikely that we will be able to get a space big enough. What is the view from the pro's? If we can't get a space  then do you reckon I will be able to get in big ground and not be too farbaway from my friends? Thanks

Whoops sorry for double post...Similar query over camping with kids. Haven't been for a while but going with another family who always camp in cockmills. Problem is potentially getting to site at 7am on weds and my tent is a family one - 3.2m x 5m. Other family reckon it is unlikely that we will be able to get a space big enough. What is the view from the pro's? If we can't get a space  then do you reckon I will be able to get in big ground and not be too farbaway from my friends? Thanks

Edited by bertylw
Double post

21 minutes ago, bertylw said:

Whoops sorry for double post...Similar query over camping with kids. Haven't been for a while but going with another family who always camp in cockmills. Problem is potentially getting to site at 7am on weds and my tent is a family one - 3.2m x 5m. Other family reckon it is unlikely that we will be able to get a space big enough. What is the view from the pro's? If we can't get a space  then do you reckon I will be able to get in big ground and not be too farbaway from my friends? Thanks

If you arriving at 7am you should be fine, if you meant 7pm you won't get into either.

It's not clear from your post if you are bringing kids, and if so what age? If you are and they are young I would head for wicket ground.

1 hour ago, bertylw said:

Hi blackred, thanks for responding. It is 7am that we will be arriving, kids are 6 and 9. Thanks. 

Very good chance you will be fine in cockmill in that case, in the unlikely event you aren't I would still head for wicket - bit safer for the kids and not a long walk to your friends.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Random bump

Sure I've seen an answer to this question before but I can't find it, so...

This year we're a group of 10 adults plus 3 kids across 5 tents. 2 of the kids aren't coming down until Saturday morning, the other is only 18 months and will be there all week (gulp). 

Can a group of 10 adults and a toddler rock up to Wickets and expect to get in or would the non-parent adults only tents be turned away? And what if we all arrive at different times?

On the sole previous year we had to take our then 6 year old due to a last minute babysitting problem we camped in Darble, our spot since 2010. Was no problem at all.

That said we definitely think that Wickets would be best with a toddler, plus there's the 2 9 year olds arriving on the weekend making it much more of a kid thing for us lot this year. But we'd rather not split our group if we can help it.

On 6/13/2016 at 3:32 PM, LucyLoo82 said:

Hi everyone,

This is our first time at Glastonbury and we are bringing our 10 and 11 year old. We are planning on camping on Cockmill Meadow and are coming Wednesday. 

I know it's barely a week away but I have set up a Facebook group called "Families at Glastonbury so that we could chat to other parents. 

We can share tips, recommendations and even arrange meet ups/ camp groups for similar ages so they can have even more fun! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1098104606919675/

Hi Lucy,

There's actually a really good group already set up, with over 400 members, lots of great advice:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/1092747344156305/