Green Man Festival 2015

5co77ie

The Staves Saturday, Steve Gunn Sunday

124 acts in total on the Efest listing, 145 last year (includes comedy, doesn't include cabaret etc)

So expecting one last announcement of 14-20, largely for Green Man Rising I would expect, but presumably a Thursday headliner and maybe a couple more of note.

@markussnoppy - The day split will be in July, but they have never officially given times.

A clashfinder exists for every previous year which is cobbled together as a best guess based on the year before.

I think it's real poor form not to offer times in advance. I'd give them the tenner now for the programme if they want it.

Wow. no official times, that reminds me of a god awful festival in Ireland going back that did the same thing. This festival though did it so they could sell timetable lanyards on the weekend. Same story here? If so that is a bit nasty, I mean, practically a clashfinder general layout is better than any lanyard you get, easier to see clashes etc as we all know.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the 2 times we got to the front (for Jarvis Cocker & Flaming Lips), we just.......walked up after the act before finished. So.......not that early at all. :)

Interesting. Good to know. Here, being up front for St. Vincent is something people are very hardcore about and arrive a few acts early at festivals or queue for hours at regular shows.

Edited by Bort

Talking Heads reunion would be Glasto/Coachella stuff, not a tent at Green Man.

Sea Power seem about right. Waterboys and Patti Smith last 2 years, so not massively popular - both older acts so maybe something along the lines of Julian Cope or maybe they've bagged The Sonics?

Aye I hate exclusivity agreements. You already have GreenMan, EOTR & Festival Number 6 all competing for the same acts at the same time, and Latitude earlier on in the summer. Exclusivity just adds another barrier and means that every year I'm counting the pounds and looking at work schedules to see if I can fit 2 in! 

I definitely think bookings will have got more competitive at GM towers now FNo6 is around, King Creosote & BSP would be shoe ins for GM this year if it wasn't. 

So, what does everyone want to see? My list after some research, which is still ongoing:
St. Vincent
Emmy the Great
Slowdive
GOAT
Owen Pallett
Father John Misty
Dan Deacon

Hannah Lou Clark

Charles Bradley
Television
Courtney Barnett

Vök
The Antlers

The Fall
Public Service Broadcasting
Mew

If time permits:
Hot Chip
The Staves
Sun Ra Arkestra
Sylvan Esso
Waxahatchee
Viet Cong
Natalie Prass
Marika Hackman
Atomic Bomb!
Landshapes
Temples
Zun Zun Egui
Jane Weaver
Black Yaya
Meic Stevens

Edited by Bort

Clash permitting:

Hot Chip
St Vincent
Slowdive
Father John Misty
Goat
Atomic Bomb
Mew

Television
Courtney Barnett
The Antlers
Public Service Broadcasting
The Staves
Sun Ra Arkestra

The 2 Bears
Hookworms
Viet Cong
Natalie Prass
Owen Pallett
Songhoy Blues
Emmy The Great
Jane Weaver
Trust Fund

Days update - (with thanks to Bort)

Thur 20 Dan Deacon

Fri 21 Hot Chip Mew Natalie Prass Atomic Bomb Calexico Kiran Leonard Strand of Oaks Viet Cong Lesire Society Villagers

Temples

Sat 22 SFA Charles Bradley Sturgill Simpson The Fall Hookworms Jamie XX Jane Weaver Songhoy Blues Wave Pictures The Drink White Fence Hannah L Clark Patrick Watson

Sun 23 St Vincent M.E White Public Service Courtney Barnett Father John Misty Sylvan Esso Owen Pallett Ultimate Painting Son Lux Steve Gunn Ryley Walker

Fairly even spread I'd say which is good.

The big 3 unknowns I think are Goat, Slowdive and Television.

Richard Dawson's playing Saturday 

http://www.tuskmusic.co.uk/tours

I don't think there is any cause for concern about the Green Man account playing music. Just people in an office getting on with work.

Though I am surprised people would be put off by the hits of most influential bands ever. I saw Brian Wilson a few years ago and it was brilliant.

I'm also certain there is nothing in the coffers that would get anywhere near an arena filling band like the Beach Boys or Brian Wilson, either of which would undoubtedly headline a festival the size of Green Man.