Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

Doubt they'll do much about the colour but look at the size of it - what an absolute beast of a tent! Just watched the video of them delivering the Pukkelpop letters and it's actually the Marquee with the Shelter off the back of it - the picture makes it look like one tent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5FQ5UtefMc&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Only Friday tickets left now.

Edited by Semprini

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stormy weather?

countdown live stream looks dodgy!

Horrible band of rain moving across the UK today which will invariably carry on across Europe. Looks like it'll clear early next week, maybe Wednesday will be cloudy and a bit rainy, then looks OK thereafter with Friday and Saturday looking warm and sunny/cloudy. That being said, weather predictions this far out aren't worth hanging your hat on.

There's a Spar not far away, but loads of the houses sell beer, so if it's cans you want they'll happily sell you a case of 24.If you want spirits the Spar will be the best option. Turn right out of the camping walk to the station and over the bridge it's away to your left. That said I'm pretty sure they sell spirits in the petrol station, but you'd probably pay a bit more.

Also, no glass in the camping so you'll need to decant any spirits in to plastic bottles.

Edited by TheNewUnion

Lot of the weather reports are saying it'll be dry and sunny for the whole four days but let's see what it looks like in another 24 hours or so.

I've been following a guy on Facebook who is part of the team putting the new tents up. He's posted quite a few pictures over the last few days of the Marquee and Shelter going up. You can see the Boiler and Dance Hall in the background (both complete) and there's a number of pictures of the build of the Club. He gives the dimensions of each stage - Club is 30m x 70m, Shelter is 40m x 70m and the Marquee is a whopping 50m x 90m!!

Had a message a couple of hours ago from Trufflehound saying that he was in the little bar on the corner enjoying a few beers. Looking forward to being back there myself on Wednesday night!!

Well, cancelled my room yesterday and resigned to not coming now and being a miserable twat at home for the next few days. Just couldn't justify spending the best part of 700 odd quid at the moment on that line up. Had they announced the plans for the Radio Soulwax night earlier and just that one band to get me there such as a Beck, Kasabian or Blur I'd be on the plane come Wednesday. Unfortunately all the good stuff for me has come too late and I'd already written it off for this year and hadn't saved any cash for it. As much as I now want to go I'll be fucked if I'm smashing my credit card for Linkin Bastard Park, Bastille (still shaking my head) and Alt-J (yes,yes I know it's not about the headliners blah blah blah)

Definitely signing up for 2016, though in the hope that the PP crew have learned some lessons from this years artist selection and in particular the organisation and PR which has been diabolical, apart from the last couple of weeks. The poor feedback and extremely slow ticket sales this year can't have gone unnoticed. A kick in the ass hopefully.

Safe journey, and have a great time guys, I'll look forward to the reports, post PP hangovers (won't miss that at least!) and reviews this time next week.

Have one for me

Dave.

Gutted to hear that Dave but completely understand your reasons. Rest assured though, myself and the rest of the crew will raise a glass or two in your honour (and Jimmy too!) and I'll make an effort to see 2manydjs as well.

Agree that the organisation have gone into PR over-drive the last couple of weeks so perhaps they've already started to act on the feedback. Some of the stuff that's gone on this year has been very un-Pukkelpop like so let's hope they learn from their mistakes.

Saw a few new pictures of the site today. The Main and Marquee are both up, as well as the entrance with all the letters above it.

Cheers Semprini, 

Gutted that im not going as well, but as Dave said the line up just lacked on "wow" factor band to make me part with the cash.   Have a safe journey and a fantastic time.  Will definitely be back again next year as its such a fantastic festival. 

Look forward to reading the reviews when you get back.  

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy and look forward to getting everyone together again in 2016!

Potential spoiler alert:

Found this video which is basically a whistle stop tour of the site. It contains the first images I've been able to find of the Dance area.

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20150818_01822799/dit-is-pukkelpop-3-0-bekijk-de-eerste-beelden-van-de-festivalweide

Interesting to read the bit about all the debt being gone now. They clearly had a game plan to come in well under budget this year to get back in the black and they've been succesful in doing so.

As for the tents, it does look like the Club fills in from the rear which is a pain in the arse. Wablief? looks miles bigger and they all look considerably sturdier than the old ones, if a bit plain.

Hope everyone's having a good time! Stay away from any gas cans! (Sorry that's an inappropriate joke so soon, hope everyone affected makes a full and speedy recovery.)

Unfortunately it didn't work out for us this year, all friends had already made plans because the line up felt a little underwhelming. The Soulwax day changed that for us, but tickets to other fests had been bought already. :(

Hope everyone's having a good time! Stay away from any gas cans! (Sorry that's an inappropriate joke so soon, hope everyone affected makes a full and speedy recovery.)

Unfortunately it didn't work out for us this year, all friends had already made plans because the line up felt a little underwhelming. The Soulwax day changed that for us, but tickets to other fests had been bought already. :(

That was my situation too. Wrote the festival off and by the time then the Soulwax night got me back on board, getting there was too costly. Really regret not going now, going by my mates and Semprinis photos it looks like everyone is having a ball.

Too early to start the PP 2016 thread yet? :-)