I wish I had an infinity...

Guest davefrompompey

... To listen to all of this music.

How do you prioritise? I want to listen to things I love... But I don't want to miss out on anything I could love.

The average Spotify listener doesn't listen to the end of songs... Do you feel as if there's just not enough time for all the great music?

Ahh. I have heard a theory that states that subjective experience of death is impossible until it is inevitable. But I think it's bullshit... And I'm not a Buddhist either, so I'm working on the assumption that I have something like 50 years left (notwithstanding buses or a nuclear apocalypse).

It's just - you can experience other people's death, but not your own. If there are multiple universes then your consciousness has to exist in a universe in which it exists - so if it ceases to exist (ie you die) then you will experience it somewhere where it does exist - where you didn't die.

I realise that makes no sense.

It's just - you can experience other people's death, but not your own. If there are multiple universes then your consciousness has to exist in a universe in which it exists - so if it ceases to exist (ie you die) then you will experience it somewhere where it does exist - where you didn't die.

I realise that makes no sense.

Like....... woahhhhh.

It's just - you can experience other people's death, but not your own.

I would argue the direct opposite in that you can merely observe someone else's death, not actually experience it.

If there are multiple universes then your consciousness has to exist in a universe in which it exists - so if it ceases to exist (ie you die) then you will experience it somewhere where it does exist - where you didn't die.

Does the existence of an infinite life necessarily require the need for multiple universes? If we had an infinite 'life' how could we be so bold as to think we can determine it's boundaries and constraints? In addition, how can we say that our current ;' consciousness' would be replicated in another life? Maybe there's a different level or levels of consciousness, which would mean we are still alive elsewhere but possibly dead in this world. Maybe we get to live in a different consciousness in this world even. Fucking mind blowing stuff really.

I, also, realise that what I have written makes no sense. Yet.

I would argue the direct opposite in that you can merely observe someone else's death, not actually experience it.

Does the existence of an infinite life necessarily require the need for multiple universes? If we had an infinite 'life' how could we be so bold as to think we can determine it's boundaries and constraints? In addition, how can we say that our current ;' consciousness' would be replicated in another life? Maybe there's a different level or levels of consciousness, which would mean we are still alive elsewhere but possibly dead in this world. Maybe we get to live in a different consciousness in this world even. Fucking mind blowing stuff really.

I, also, realise that what I have written makes no sense. Yet.

Blimey Yog. Fer Christ's sake, lay off the goods tonight. I fear your head may explode.

Hahaha, this is fun.

When you say how do we know our consciousness is replicated in another life - it doesn't need to be. If my consciousness of 'now' includes my perception of now plus my memories of before, then my consciousness only needs to exist in this moment for me to believe it's always existed in this universe. It could be in a different universe in the next moment and I'd never know, because my memories in that universe consist of being in that universe.

Mental stuff, innit?

Hahaha, this is fun.

When you say how do we know our consciousness is replicated in another life - it doesn't need to be. If my consciousness of 'now' includes my perception of now plus my memories of before, then my consciousness only needs to exist in this moment for me to believe it's always existed in this universe. It could be in a different universe in the next moment and I'd never know, because my memories in that universe consist of being in that universe.

That's fucking mind boggling. However, I can't recall asking the question 'how do we know our consciousness is replicated in another life'? Did I? Maybe I did, but not in this time / space continuum. This could get messy - there's already blood coming out of my ears trying to figure this lot out!

You'd never know if it did...

I once had to survey and schedule the remedial works after someone had died in a small flat. I think they said he'd had a brain hemorrhage, although I'm not certain of that. What I do know is that he ran around the lounge of his flat like a trapped rat while high velocity spewing blood all over the walls etc. It was like Reservoir Dogs in there. The poor bloke must have known his head was kind of exploding.

I once had to survey and schedule the remedial works after someone had died in a small flat. I think they said he'd had a brain hemorrhage, although I'm not certain of that. What I do know is that he ran around the lounge of his flat like a trapped rat while high velocity spewing blood all over the walls etc. It was like Reservoir Dogs in there. The poor bloke must have known his head was kind of exploding.

Is it wrong for me to find that slightly funny?