ASOIAF Spoilers

Wooderson

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about 100 pages into book 4 so far and haven't really heard anything on Ramsey as yet - think Roose is still at Harrenhal. I suppose they might use this series to cover the Iron islands stuff like Balon's death and the fight for the throne there. (Btw, was that death a bit of a cop out?)

Did like how they did Joff's murder - the way she was right by the cup before he drank from it. And the bit with the jewelry was a nice touch, but would have bypassed me if I hadn't read the books.

Looking at the episode titles, Tyrion's trial by combat isn't til Ep 8, so the other big death must be the finale. But that seems like the main trial will drag on a lot over the series, yet was done in a few chapters.

Yeh the necklace bit was a nice touch. I'm still confused as to why they've brought Ramsey in so early, what is he going to do in all this time? Just keep running around being a dick?

Ramsey in general is one of the most poorly realised/portrayed characters versus the books. He's hammy and cartoonish rather than the sullen and genuinely disturbing presence in the books.

What's going on with Shae? I don't think Tyrion shipped her off in the books, so has she really left? I'll be a bit disappointed if she has left, because she plays an important roll in Tyrion's trial, and of course, the final scene

Could Ser Bronn be involved in Tyrion's betrayal?

What's going on with Shae? I don't think Tyrion shipped her off in the books, so has she really left? I'll be a bit disappointed if she has left, because she plays an important roll in Tyrion's trial, and of course, the final scene

I noticed about Shae too. I should imagine she will still appear in the trial and betray Tyrion and stick around to be killed by him when he escapes. Should imagine we won't see her until the trial and then why she never got on the boat would be explained?

Can someone confirm for me that show-Tywin knows Tommen is Jamie's and not Robert's son.

"King Robert" referred to instead of "your Father" in last nights ep.

I would assume he does. Tywin is one of the cleverer characters, so would be aware of the incest.

The TV series was a bit frustrating last night with book knowledge. The Wall stuff is going off in an odd direction, Stannis is dragging a bit too, but that's linked to the Wall chronology. Oberyn's having lots of scenes that seem unnecessary, the Hound is getting portrayed differently now - in the book I started to warm to him. Still a good watch, but some stuff is being stuck in the TV show for effect. Like the Jaime/Cersei scene - wasn't that a lot more consenting when the shagged in the Sept.

The Jamie/Cersei thing was very strange and upsetting yes. AV Club did a good piece on it with quotes from the book. Seemed utterly gratuitous and unnecessary - like a lot of things! was there any need to see yer man's flute when he was having a whizz? FFS.

Did really enjoy last night episode tho - the rape scene to one side. Charles Dance is just the business.

I know theyre going to blend the last two books together - but Tyrion and Arya isolated figuratively and narratively along with Daenerys being depressed in a distant city castle surrounded by super soldiers for 2 whole seasons ain't gonna wash for Joe TV Show Watcher. In many ways once they cast the right people this show made itself up to now. But theres HUGE challenges for them to keep the audience's interest henceforth.

AFFC is quite dull so far from a plot point of view - not sure much of that will make it to TV (unless the second half livens up a bit).

I imagine they will change big chunks of it so that the characters come together a bit more.

The first half of A Dance With Dragons runs in parallel to A Feast For Crows, so I imagine they will merge them together.