ASOIAF Spoilers

Wooderson

Forgot this thread:

Aegon's non appearance is pivotal - if he's not in the TV series he's another one that's going to be killed off - making his growing role pointless in the novels, as is Jon's. So no mention of House Connington.

WTF: Just read that internet rumour is:

Jon Snuurrr is going to be fulfilling the role of Aegon.

WTF?! How is that even going to be possible?

I guess if they are only making 7 seasons, and this season takes you pretty much to the end of book 5, with a few deviations, then to conclude it all in the last 2 season has to miss out a lot of GRRRRR's details. I just wish he'd finish off the next book, as enjoy reading it a lot more than watching it, plus there are a lot of loose ends to tie up. (Mind I'm sure a few deemed loose, like the Hound, are more than likely tied up already. But then Stoneheart happened, so anything's game!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a rumour that is hottly tipped for the books. Aegon is one of the babies that the Mountain allegedly killed, but the JS rumour has been rife as a separate thread for a while. Maybe that's why Melissandre sees something special in him. It's also one of the consiracies behind the "song of fire and ice" and Jon & Dany will reunite at the end (as Nephew/Aunt?!?!)

Forgot this thread:

Aegon's non appearance is pivotal - if he's not in the TV series he's another one that's going to be killed off - making his growing role pointless in the novels, as is Jon's. So no mention of House Connington.

WTF: Just read that internet rumour is:

Jon Snuurrr is going to be fulfilling the role of Aegon.

Scott you disappoint me.

/comicbookguysnide

That's a rumour that is hottly tipped for the books. Aegon is one of the babies that the Mountain allegedly killed, but the JS rumour has been rife as a separate thread for a while. Maybe that's why Melissandre sees something special in him. It's also one of the consiracies behind the "song of fire and ice" and Jon & Dany will reunite at the end (as Nephew/Aunt?!?!)

I was aware of the Aegon legacy, but with no Aegon in the show, it's going to have to fall to someone else - I can see them going with R+L=J

I think in in the books that both Aegon and Jon are Rhaegar's. So all the Tv is doing missing out aegon.

I realise now I'm late to the party as this was discussed on Thronecast which I only watched last night. But I've got money riding on Aegon eventually taking the Throne, and if he's not in the TV series - they're going to have to deviate from the books.

I realise now I'm late to the party as this was discussed on Thronecast which I only watched last night. But I've got money riding on Aegon eventually taking the Throne, and if he's not in the TV series - they're going to have to deviate from the books.

Ah, I reckon it'll be one of the more long serving characters. Aegon seems a bit late to the party coming in on book 5/7 - don't have any emotion invested in him (yet), so think he'll get the chop early in book 7.

Ah, I reckon it'll be one of the more long serving characters. Aegon seems a bit late to the party coming in on book 5/7 - don't have any emotion invested in him (yet), so think he'll get the chop early in book 7.

There's another Snow bastard who could fit the bill as Rhaegar's son, the episode last night reminded me - though his father has denied it. With Mance dead there's a glorious chance to totally rewrite events at Winterfell - and the story in the TV series can seriously change.

I guess we don't know what happens at Winterfell yet - by the end of ADWD, Theon had escaped and Ramsay had married Jeyne. In the TV series, I think Sansa will take Jeyne's place and Brienne will take a similar role to Mance in the books (and die?)

TV might have Stannis arrive at Winterfell for a end of season finale, but not idea on the result of that - not sure Stannis would win though, as the number of 'baddies' is dwindling.

The build up to this little kid stabbing Jon is dreadful.

you think it'll be the kid - will it even happen? If he survives to the next book there's no point having him stabbed. If he dies in the show it'll ruin the book, I don't think it'll happen as i think he survives.

• 3 weeks later...

Well 2 episodes to go and plenty of new stuff too.

Where do you think it'll end?

-Wall - has to be will Olly doing the dirty. Next episode will prob be the fall out of last night, etc.

-Kings Landing - Cersei trial next and the walk of shame at the end. Not sure if they'll kill off Pycelle and Kevan, as Varys is in Pentos

-Braavos - Arya killing that guy next and going blind at the end of the season (can't remember the order of that in the books) They may even miss out the blindness, as that leads on to the warging.

-Mereen - no idea! Dany riding the dragon?

-Dorne - again, not a clue! Maybe just escape.

-Winterfell - not sure if they'll overtake the books on this one. Maybe have Brienne and Theon rescue Sansa and take the to Stannis. But looks like they could have Ramsay attach Stannis too.

For a minute last night thought that Tyrion was going to recommend that Jorah fill the Aegon/Griff role and send him to take Storms End.

• 9 months later...