Campervan Pitches

Guest Leoness

This year will be my first Glastonbury.. struggling to contain my excitement and getting most questions answered through the forum, but just wondering if campervan pitches are allocated on arrival, ie you park up next to the one that arrived in front of you, or you get to choose an available pitch?

Thanks!

This year will be my first Glastonbury.. struggling to contain my excitement and getting most questions answered through the forum, but just wondering if campervan pitches are allocated on arrival, ie you park up next to the one that arrived in front of you, or you get to choose an available pitch?

Thanks!

You get parked in the next available space. It would get too chaotic and have too many moving vehicles all over the place if it was done any other way.

If you want to be parked next to a friend, you need to ensure that you drive in together.

Note: once you pull off the main road you won't be able to stop and wait for them, so make sure you're in convoy before you arrive in the immediate area.

You certainly should not have any problems if you get there early with plenty of space and each year they look to have more campervan fields. The fields are also pretty flat which makes life easier. Unless you arrive late then they will fit you in any old space. Try and ensure your water, loo, and electricity are in good working order as water is usually miles away and busy. Emptying the loo is if possible best left until you get home.

The parking staff are usually pretty cool and let you have enough space outside for chairs etc. Enjoy yourself. The only downside is having to hike to the entrance and go through security every time and dragging yourself up the steep hill to your van at night.

The sun will shine non-stop so you don't have to worry about getting stuck trying to get out.

Thanks John, we're looking to get there on Tuesday afternoon so shouldn't have any problems with space.

Will make sure everything is fully charged and topped up!

We've managed to get on the West field, so will miss the steep hill (I think?).. might have to do it just the once to see what we're missing!

• 3 weeks later...

I have two friends with a van each who have offered myself and some friends to camp on their pitch . Do we have to arrive with them or can we come through the main gates after them & then head up to the camper van field to meet them

Edited by simonizer