Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Electric Picnic 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Announcement on Thursday, I canna wait.
http://electricpicnic.ie/holding.html

Posted Image

Edited by pothead pixie, 28 February 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#2 A-Rob

A-Rob

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Any rumours who the headliners might be ?

I think the Cure are likely to be one of them!

#3 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Yeh the Cure definitely seem to have Stradbally marked in that map of theirs and the Log and Mexicola from the EP forum are giving strong hints of them too. Im really hoping for Aphex Twin, seeing that Forbidden Fruit got him last year and there is no Oxegen this year, he is long overdue a visit to EP as would love to see him at a later time like the early hours of Sunday morning, perhaps a surprse set in the Afterburner armed with all his lazers, that woud be KABOOM!

Edited by pothead pixie, 28 February 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#4 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Line up announced: The Cure, Sigur Rós, Elbow, Grizzly Bear, Orbital, Christy Moore, The Roots, Hot Chip, Glen Hansard, The xx, Metronomy, The Horrors, Azealia Banks, Roots Manuva, Bell X1, Staff Benda Bilili, Milagers, Ed Sheeran, Alabama Shakes, Cranes, Little Roy, Land Lovers, Baxter Dury, Jonathan Wilson, Solar Bears, John Digweed, Fatoumata Diawara, Willis Earl Beal, Lanterns on the Lake plus many many more to be announced.

#5 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Looks good :)

#6 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,047 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Looks fantastic

#7 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Please join my facebook campaign to get Aphex Twin for the Electric Picnic, the festival will be on its eighth year, this year, yet he has not played. Plenty of his label mates and associates have though such as Chris Cunningham, Flying Lotus, Autechre etc... Throw in a comment or a like on the page, cheers.
https://www.facebook...06301782765054/

#8 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,047 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

How easy is it to get to from dublin airport?

#9 Shanndy

Shanndy

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

The Killers and Bat For Lashes now listed on the official website, even though they weren't included on the original announcement.

#10 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

How easy is it to get to from dublin airport?

Just get the airport bus connection to Portloaise and get the festival shuttle bus from there, there will be more info over the next few months about this Id say. Theres a section on the EP website actually about if you travel by plane. http://electricpicnic.ie/byplane

Edited by pothead pixie, 01 March 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#11 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,047 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:05 PM

Cheers pixie. Very tempted now.

#12 Shanndy

Shanndy

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

Tindersticks added

#13 deano222

deano222

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

So are the headliners, The Cure, The Killers and Elbow? With Sigur Ros 2nd one night? Looks a good lineup again this year.

#14 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

So are the headliners, The Cure, The Killers and Elbow? With Sigur Ros 2nd one night? Looks a good lineup again this year.

I reckon that was mainly main stage headliners announced, there is about another 9 stages for the weekend to be announced so loads more to come. I hoping for Aphex Twin too, so please join my facebook campaign to get Aphex for the Picnic. https://www.facebook...=group_activity

Edited by pothead pixie, 03 March 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#15 agenthal

agenthal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

I don't know much about this festival but I'm tempted. What are the chances of another "big" headliner act being added? The Cure/The Killers/Sigur Ros is pretty awesome and I think one more big one would make it worth the money!

#16 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

John Digweed has cancelled. Im hoping Aphex Twin instead support Aphex for Electric Picnic.
https://www.facebook...9/?notif_t=like

#17 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Just wondering now when the next announcement will be, I figure that there might be one next Wednesday for April, a splurge of names once a month. Still hoping to generate the interest of Declan Forde (EP booker for POD) to book the mighty Aphex Twin and for all I know they have probably been trying to get him for years. Anyway please visit my page if you want to see Aphex Twin at the Electric Picnic. https://www.facebook...=group_activity

#18 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

The Electric Picnic Facebook got back to me saying that there will be a second announcement in mid April, heres hoping there will be a few interesting electronic acts added.

#19 branvan

branvan

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

hi, never been to electric picnic, but everything is looking fine... and the line up gorgeous, maybe travelling from switzerland... :-) at what time tickets usually are selling out? is it an option to stay in a hotel in portlaoise and travel by bus/taxi from/to the festival? how about security, is everything safe there or are there any riots going on...

#20 electro

electro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

hi, never been to electric picnic, but everything is looking fine... and the line up gorgeous, maybe travelling from switzerland... :-) at what time tickets usually are selling out? is it an option to stay in a hotel in portlaoise and travel by bus/taxi from/to the festival? how about security, is everything safe there or are there any riots going on...

Having been to many festivals over Europe I must say Electric Picnic is the Best that i've been to! The overall experience and atmosphere are magical! I was there last year and am thinking of going back this year! The line up is already looking great too :)

Having said that I doubt it would be a good idea to stay at a hotel since you would be missing out a lot on the general experience of the festival.

If you're not into camping you can rent Festihuts on the festival grounds right next to the camping site. They cost around 400Euro (i think) and host up to 4 people each and can be locked so no worries about getting robbed!