singles thread

ampersand

Sounds like you need to be saying this to her, see what she says. She might not have realised that she's not making much contact.

Also she is over in a new country, working hard, with a language barrier, all of this will make her very tired after a day at work, and not necessarily in the mood to chat, especially with the time difference.

Yea this was my thoughts for a while....but it seems to of gone past that.

I do need to talk to her....but would much rather do it over skype than in an email. But i dont know when i will get to.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea this was my thoughts for a while....but it seems to of gone past that.

I do need to talk to her....but would much rather do it over skype than in an email. But i dont know when i will get to.

Wouldn't worry just yet. She might not want to talk much because it reminds her how much she misses you... or something soppy like that.

Girls love messing with guys' heads, always remember that.

Am hoping this is the case.

Girls are indeed great at messing with our heads.

No, it's more like men are really bad at talking to the right people. Like, the one person who can answer all your doubts.

Just ask her if everything's OK, as you haven't heard much from her lately. You don't need to turn it into a deep and meaningful, keep it as though you might be asking how she is, not necessarily how you're doing as a couple.

No, it's more like men are really bad at talking to the right people. Like, the one person who can answer all your doubts.

Just ask her if everything's OK, as you haven't heard much from her lately. You don't need to turn it into a deep and meaningful, keep it as though you might be asking how she is, not necessarily how you're doing as a couple.

Well i have done that.....was just kinda swept aside with a....'Im good thanks'

But its hard over msn and email.....so yea just gonna play it cool until i can speak to her properly over skype. Hopefully will get the chance soon

Well i think i may be single again....although not sure of much

One or two of you may remember i was fairly smitten over a girl i had been seeing up north last year. Issue being she was set to be moving to china for 6 months in Jan.

Well she did move and is there now. I was fine with it as we had been getting on so well, and spending plenty of time together. I was happy to keep in touch with her and wait till she got back.

The impression i got from her was positive too. She wanted me to come out and visit her......had enjoyed seeing me....will miss me....blah blah.

But now she is out there things have gone very quiet.

She has only started a conversation once since being out there....and that was the day she arrived to say she was there. It may sound small but it had played on my mind.

Conversations have got less and less frequent.... doesn't seem too bothered in making time for me on skype anymore. I have sent a few emails but have been lucky to get a decent reply.

It all is rather surprising as we went 8 months before she went talking to each other every day. Which had included many times when we had both been abroad (i work abroad a lot due to my job)

So now im a mixture of confused and gutted right now and its not too fun.

I understand that she is on the other side of the world and this makes conversations hard to arrange, but that has never stopped us before. I know she wanted a clean break as she had gone through a rough time wiht her ex before meeting me and didn't want to rush anything. And i know she is out there working hard and exploring what China has to offer which is what i would expect.

I felt that we had a great connection though, and it appears to of dissolved away.

I had sent her some flowers on valentines day, and apparently they were delivered, but she has not even said a thing to me for 3 days now.

If she doesn't want to speak to me as much whilst out there i don't mind.....Its the not knowing that kills.

I don't know if she just wants to be free for a while, has lost interest in me, or has met someone else. If i knew the reason for the lack of contact i would be able to react accordingly. I think am in limbo right now and it sucks.

Not sure what to do about it all now, have thought that maybe i should just not try to contact her for a while if that is what she wants (despite not telling me)

yea i can synpathise, I know how it feels - not much you can do besides I guess try and speak to her over skype and try and talk everything through with her

as you say, if you knew the reason you could act accordingly, it's a toughie, don't want to ask her and seem too much like a pest/hassle but don't want to leave it and let things fade away

hopefully things will work out :)

Well i have done that.....was just kinda swept aside with a....'Im good thanks'

But its hard over msn and email.....so yea just gonna play it cool until i can speak to her properly over skype. Hopefully will get the chance soon

I guess email her and arrange a time to talk over SkyPe (assuming thats how you normally arrange times to speak to her) and then see what happens

I agree with the above that you should talk to her direct. Has she got a proper phone out there? Maybe give her a proper ring sometime (there are loads of cheap-international call companies out there; I've used www.superline.co.uk for years. 2.5p/minute to China it says). I think that's far better than msn/email/skype.

On a slight skew; Charlie Brooker's "How TV Ruined Your Life" edition on Love was hilarious yet sadly poignant :unsure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ysfvh/How_TV_Ruined_Your_Life_Love/ on the iplayer.

I agree with the above that you should talk to her direct. Has she got a proper phone out there? Maybe give her a proper ring sometime (there are loads of cheap-international call companies out there; I've used www.superline.co.uk for years. 2.5p/minute to China it says). I think that's far better than msn/email/skype.

On a slight skew; Charlie Brooker's "How TV Ruined Your Life" edition on Love was hilarious yet sadly poignant :unsure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...Your_Life_Love/ on the iplayer.

Watched that today...hilarious

I was gonna post about that, the bit when he mentions the reality of asking someone out on a date was especially funny. the facebook stalking to find out if she's single could have been taken straight out of my life haha. I reckon its Brooker's best series.

Definitely his funniest :) I did feel a bit bad for Konnie Huq watching it though!

*signs back onto list*

So, I finished it with my gf over the weekend. Little bit sad, because I really like her as a friend, but unfortunately what it became from my point of view. She was more into me than I was her (the L word was once mentioned semi-drunkenly), so yeah. Little bit sad because it was fun & low-stress, but I don't think it would have gone anywhere long term.

Also I think that I'm still in love with my ex-fiancée. Which is fun.

Unlucky Gre.

I'm bored of dating at the moment, every girl I have gone out with who likes music, bands, gigs etc doesn't like going to small gigs and prefers to watch soaps. Not an important aspect but just bloody annoying.

I like small gigs better than big gigs, as big gigs are too bloody expensive. Also i hate soaps. I'm not dating either though, totally off men. :rolleyes:

Gre sorry to hear about your GF and your ex fiancee. Being single is great though, no-one to please but yourself for a while.

Mostly i love the fact that i can go to bed at whatever time i like without being hassled for sex :lol:

Mostly i love the fact that i can go to bed at whatever time i like without being hassled for sex :lol:

Weirdly that's one of the things that was putting me off her :unsure:

Gre sorry to hear about your GF and your ex fiancee. Being single is great though, no-one to please but yourself for a while.

Yeah, I'm in the 'missing having someone calling/texting' phase at the moment, I'm sure that'll go soon though. Off on hols in 6 weeks, then its basically mating season/Tit Monday time & the summer will be here before we know it :)

Plus now I can spend my weekends playing Gran Turismo :)

sounds braw. my kinda girl. shouldn't be so picky :P

I live with a girl who loves soaps and thinks Take That are the best group in the world ever. I should set you two up :P

As for my love life, I am obviously still single. I have realised that men only like spending time with me in clubs when they're horrendously drunk. Furthermore, there are rumours going round that I'm a slut. I've no idea who started them and they definitely have no truth behind them whatsoever, so I'm a wee bit annoyed by that. That's pretty much it.

Cross posted from my topic, but maybe this will get more responses in here:

Yeah, there's this girl at College who I'm into, and I have my suspicions that she may like me back, I don't know though. Just little things she does and says.

She is usually a bit less talkative when she's around her mates, including males but I know this is natural as friends serve as a sort of "safety net" if you like. But on Friday I feel like I pissed her off a bit, I was with her and two guy mates but she seemed a bit more distant than usual, only laughing at a select few jokes and whatnot, and me being the conversation starter a lot of the time. We went to a bar for a drink, I said I was off for another cig and she said something like "oh god, VCK, these cigs are costing me money", sounding like she wanted to join me, so I jokingly said "I didn't invite you out though!". She seemed to take offence but when I said I was sorry and that I was only messing around she said she was as well. I decided not to go for the smoke as I was leaving pretty soonish anyway. Oh yeah, one of her guy mates

said I was "hinting at something". I just hope she feels I'm not being needy or owt.

But anyway, few of us are planning on going out next Wednesday. I asked her if she wanted to come and she sounded up for it, and offered for us to swap numbers. So I sent her a text on Saturday just casually asking if she's up for it and I still have no reply, yet I've seen her update her Facebook - on her Blackberry - a fair few times since! Too eager?

Suggestions on how to deal with this?