world cup

Guest Kill

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew the festival would, but in my opinion (ignore the scottish part :lol: ) it should not be shown after the rotten atmosphere about areas of the site the last time it showed an england match. the atmosphere turned quite horrible on some areas of campsites, leading to abuse being shouted at people. . . wasnt a very pleasant couple of hours at the festival and the only time ive ever been uncomfortable at glasto in 19 years.

still i understand it was a minority, but unfortunately there will always be this minority... football is better left out of the festival.

grumpy scot! ;)

i knew the festival would, but in my opinion (ignore the scottish part :lol: ) it should not be shown after the rotten atmosphere about areas of the site the last time it showed an england match. the atmosphere turned quite horrible on some areas of campsites, leading to abuse being shouted at people. . . wasnt a very pleasant couple of hours at the festival and the only time ive ever been uncomfortable at glasto in 19 years.

still i understand it was a minority, but unfortunately there will always be this minority... football is better left out of the festival.

grumpy scot! ;)

I remember that 2004 match. It was a fantastic atmosphere where I was, in the pyramid field. Then after we'd lost, everyone was "ah well, it's Glastonbury, let's have a party".

This year:

- Weds, Thurs, Fri - final matches in the group stage

- Sat, Sun - first knockout matches

Kick off times are 3:00pm and 7:30pm

An England match on Weds or Thurs, I *guess* would almost certainly be shown on the Pyramid screens.

Fri/Sat/Sun matches - very tricky. I originally thought they'd show it somewhere like the cinema tent. But the more I think about that, the more I think it would end up with a huge crush of people trying to get in there. So perhaps a disruption to the Pyramid schedule would be worthwhile. I suppose it completely depends on the mood of the nation...

I really hope they dont show it. Why pander to the whim of a few thousand tits?

If it's that important to people let them sod off and watch it in a pub in bristol or something.

Last thing I want to see is a load of bellends marching around the site chanting ridiculous songs about in-gur-lun winning world wars and other crass nonsense.

Edited by russycarps

If it's that important to people let them sod off and watch it in a pub in bristol or something.

Last thing I want to see is a load of bellends marching around the site chanting ridiculous songs about in-gur-lun winning world wars and other crass nonsense.

nice one. I see you are well into the glastonbury spirit of bringing people from different walks of life together and providing a diverse range on entertainment. I imagine the reason it sold out so quickly was because all of the football hoolies thought it would be a good venue to watch the world cup and have a good old scrap and cause trouble. :lol:

Edited by 42-shades

I like to think of glastonbury as a magical place to escape the mundanity and disgusting excesses of the real world.

Football nowadays, top level football that is, just about embodies everything that is wrong with the world today.

Why anyone would want glastonbury polluted by the grotesque thing that football has become is beyond me.

Personally I hope England is at Group B, So they can play their last group match on tuesday and if they win group stage they play sunday night 8.30, as we all too busy enjoying ourselves and preparing for the best headliner Glasto seen in ages..