world cup

Guest Kill

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it's not where they showed the rugby Lions match this year, in Williams Field, as that wasn't big enough to accommodate people watching it and those wanting to get between Pyramid and Jazz World Stages.

I thought the atmosphere was awesome, one of the best crowds I have ever been in, even though we lost. More people there than at the actual match and all supporting the same team.

Imagine if we had won! It would have made for an incredible start to the weekend.

Someone else on another thread here worked out that we need England to be drawn in one of hwo groups so that their game will be on the Thursday, or something like that.

If that happens I can't see the cinema "field" being big enough.

Just imagine the atmos if we qualify for the semis. Oooh I am getting so excited.

Both, atmosphere was very hostile after you lost and the whole thing seemed a little un-glasto! The Lions match was very different as i think it was less important??

Oh...and not everyone in the crowd was supporting the same team :D

Are you sure you were there?

Perhaps the "hostile" atmosphere was what you were expecting?

Despite the cheating Portugese winning, an excellent time was had by all. No trouble. No violence. I didn't hear a harsh word that wasn't directed appropriately at the screen.

The most striking element was immediately after the match, when the crowd adopted an "oh well..." attitude and went back to enjoying the festival.

But yes... this has been discussed to death before.

But no...... nobody has ever commented on there being a hostile atmosphere before. It must just have been you. :D