Cricket

greeneyes1980

true, but recently most of them have only been occasionally worth it.

as for the brand of cricket, only caught the last 6 overs of our innings so didn't see how we fielded/bowled, but i know we dropped a few chances like always

No argument here.

I meant T20 rather than England. I think England need to play a more aggressive brand of cricket in all formats, but I'd rather watch a dour Test than a supposedly exciting T20. ODIs are somewhat interesting as batsmen still have to value their wickets and teams get bowled out, but T20 is just a slog contest. I've tried watching it a few times but 4s, 6s and wickets just aren't exciting where they're every over. It's not as meaningful. Football is the lowest scoring major sport in existence, but that's why it's so exciting, because goals matter so much.

I would rather talk about his achievements to be frank... Which far out weight any criticism which may be due.

I think Flowers has done next to nothing wrong in his time. The only decline has been from some players losing form / personal issues / time to retire. Very little can be put at him door I feel.

He has been hugely successful and I wish him all the best.

I would of fought for him to continue.

I think he achieved brilliantly, the team he and Strauss built, culminating in an Ashes win away and a home thrashing of India was brilliant, but it's been in decline since then and hasn't been evolved well. I think we need a change.

Another sign pointing to Cook's failings as a captain:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26046932

I know there's a lack of other options, but surely, surely we need to get someone in with imagination, management capability, and the ability to examine a situation rather than follow a textbook formula for field placings?

• 3 weeks later...

don't know if anyone else is watching this ODI vs WI's but been quite interesting already.

we've used 6 bowlers already and there's 2 there who haven't been used. although saying that they are using it to prepare for the T-20 tournament coming up. what makes it even funnier was Root opened the bowling :lol:

don't know if anyone else is watching this ODI vs WI's but been quite interesting already.

we've used 6 bowlers already and there's 2 there who haven't been used. although saying that they are using it to prepare for the T-20 tournament coming up. what makes it even funnier was Root opened the bowling :lol:

I've had it on in the background, weird as you say. Going well though.

• 1 month later...