The Pets Thread

Lithium05

14. So old but not quite totally past it. Losing her leg probably would worry us loads more than it would her. She is a hardy little thing who is happy as long as she is fed and fussed. Her bird catching days are already over, and she couldn't care less about that.

Difficult choice so but if its the leg or her Id go with the leg. As long as shes not in (permanent) pain obviously. Dogs and cats seem to cope quite well on 3 legs.

Just ranting... Dogs owners are the new smokers. Fucking annoying self centred arseholes. I know that is unfair to some but the amount of dog owners who keep there dogs off leads and think nothing of there dog tear arsing around running up to toddlers etc has turned me into a dog hater.

I think the same thing about a lot of parent and their kids.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14. So old but not quite totally past it. Losing her leg probably would worry us loads more than it would her. She is a hardy little thing who is happy as long as she is fed and fussed. Her bird catching days are already over, and she couldn't care less about that.

Difficult choice so but if its the leg or her Id go with the leg. As long as shes not in (permanent) pain obviously. Dogs and cats seem to cope quite well on 3 legs.

Just ranting... Dogs owners are the new smokers. Fucking annoying self centred arseholes. I know that is unfair to some but the amount of dog owners who keep there dogs off leads and think nothing of there dog tear arsing around running up to toddlers etc has turned me into a dog hater.

I think the same thing about a lot of parent and their kids.

Horses...

Why is it ok to take your horse out, let it shit all over town and think nothing of it ?

ggrrrrr

Should be made to clear up after them. Carrying around huge sack fulls of their own animals shit. I have to clean up after my kid!

:lol:

Don't really have horse issues in Dublin. Thankfully. They shit everywhere

Which reminds me......

Edited by The Nal

Want a pet get a fish... or guinea pig... Instead of something that shits all over town or has the ability to rip a kid into a million pieces...

Too much to ask ?

not something I think you'd go for, but rats make the most excellent pets.

They're friendly, don't bite, don't smell, can be 'house trained' (and all sorts of other trained - mine loved going on motorbikes at over 100mph :lol:), etc, etc, etc.

It's the leg or chemo. No brainer really, not gonna put her through chemo. I am fairly certain, knowing her as well as i do, that she will bounce back and cope well on three legs. The vet seemed to think so too. If not we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Poor thing :(

It's the leg or chemo. No brainer really, not gonna put her through chemo. I am fairly certain, knowing her as well as i do, that she will bounce back and cope well on three legs. The vet seemed to think so too. If not we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Poor thing :(

oh love her. Hope she recovers well Kat :(

oh love her. Hope she recovers well Kat :(

Thanks. The most worrying thing at the moment is any complications with the op :(

I wonder sometimes if having pets is worth the heartache when it comes to these things. Just have to keep reminding myself of what a happy and contented 14 years she has had ANC how different things could have been had we not found her stuck up that tree on tescos car park.

Best cat ever.

Thanks. The most worrying thing at the moment is any complications with the op :(

I wonder sometimes if having pets is worth the heartache when it comes to these things. Just have to keep reminding myself of what a happy and contented 14 years she has had ANC how different things could have been had we not found her stuck up that tree on tescos car park.

Best cat ever.

That's what's best to do. You've given her a good life, and you're still doing what's best for her. I was worried when I had to have my cat's teeth taken out, because of her age. But the vet said the anaesthetic's really safe now.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you both x

not something I think you'd go for, but rats make the most excellent pets.

Agreed.

I used to take mine to parties in a pouched top via the metro. He'd run out and scurry around the carriage freaking some out and making others laugh. All I'd have to do is call for him and he'd scurry straight back into his pouch. He was awesome.

But be warned. They only live 2-3 years, which is just enough time to get deeply attached. It ruined me when he died.

My large tarantula species is fully grown now. It's turned out to be a male though, which means he's only got a year left to live. He's a damned handsome specimen though.

Agreed.

I used to take mine to parties in a pouched top via the metro. He'd run out and scurry around the carriage freaking some out and making others laugh. All I'd have to do is call for him and he'd scurry straight back into his pouch. He was awesome.

But be warned. They only live 2-3 years, which is just enough time to get deeply attached. It ruined me when he died.

My large tarantula species is fully grown now. It's turned out to be a male though, which means he's only got a year left to live. He's a damned handsome specimen though.

This is a problem. it's bad enough getting your heart broken every 15 years or so with a dog or a cat. I still haven't got over the loss of my border collie, and that was in 2001.

She is sleeping and sleeping and sleeping in her cosy bed on my knee enjoying lots of cuddle. She still hasn't eaten but vet said not to worry until tomorrow. I will have to go home at some point but don't like leaving her :-(

actually, while i was typing she got up and moved around a bit. Had a mouthful of food and is now getting angry with herself. Sure she will be fine though, the nurse said she has a three legged cat who got very angry with himself before he figured out how to move around again.

This is a problem. it's bad enough getting your heart broken every 15 years or so with a dog or a cat. I still haven't got over the loss of my border collie, and that was in 2001.

It is indeed. And not to be underestimated. Attachment is the primary cause of suffering and main ingredient of hate, according to most Far-Eastern philosophies. Conversely, detachment is the cause of peace and the beginning of love.

I tend to agree.

Glad to hear about the cat Kat.

Edited by worm

Cheers but she's actually not doing so well again now. She has eaten quite a bit considering what she has been through but as yet she hasn't been to the toilet. She is visibly embarrassed and unhappy in her new condition and only really makes an effort to be herself when i visit (lunch time and all evening). She has to go back to the vets this evening because we are also struggling to get her antibiotics down her. Poor old thing. Pretty sure she will readjust eventually, will just take some persuasion and encouragement.

Took her to the vets who advised us to encourage her to be getting around and about and let her know she isn't a cripple and she can do it when she wants. Took her home and got the dreamies out (her favourites) she moved around just fine and has even managed to go to the loo now although not yet for a wee, which is odd?!

Just glad its not that she is totally depressed and more that she is totally lazy why she isn't moving about more yet.

She will get there.

Took her to the vets who advised us to encourage her to be getting around and about and let her know she isn't a cripple and she can do it when she wants. Took her home and got the dreamies out (her favourites) she moved around just fine and has even managed to go to the loo now although not yet for a wee, which is odd?!

Just glad its not that she is totally depressed and more that she is totally lazy why she isn't moving about more yet.

She will get there.

Dreamies work miracles. Though I get a bit alarmed with ours - she twitches like crazy when I bring out the Dreamies, and because she has fits, I'm thinking it's probably a little fit, or might trigger one.

Glad your cat's feeling a bit better.

Edited by feral chile