Faith No More

Guest 0livavu

Faith No More?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where would Faith No More fit in for you?

• Friday headliner
    • Saturday headliner
    • Sunday headliner
    • Second on the bill
    • Third or lower on the bill
    • At a different festival

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never liked Faith No More.... and I can't really say why. I just don't. This is a pretty pointless thread cos I could probably create thousands of threads about split-up bands reforming where would they play... even though there is little chance of reformation.

If you don't enjoy them why bother? It's one thing to talk about integrity, but when the person you're arguing with has long stopped trying to have a discussion and is just making cheap and poor jokes at your expense*, ignoring anything of value because of a personal grudge, what is there to gain?

*this isn't what amuses me btw

Loads of people have never heard of FNM or if they have, just know them for their cover of "Easy".

I can understand why, they weren't easy to get into but if you put in the effort and give their albums a chance then you might like them.

They are so diverse and are incredible musicians with subtly and range.

I liked them especially because they didn't conform to what the music industry expected of them.

After the mainstream success of "The Real Thing" people were expecting more of the same to captialise but instead they produced "Angel Dust" which imo is one of the best and influential rock albums of all time. Strange time signatures and song structures and Patton's vocals were just superb.

They went from poppy rock to death metal and back again all in the same album.

Faith No More are certainly one of the most influential bands there has ever been. Their genre-defying style was fantastic - they never played to any rules and always looked to surprise and shock people.

One of the greatest bands there has ever been.