Faith No More

Guest 0livavu

Faith No More?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where would Faith No More fit in for you?

• Friday headliner
    • Saturday headliner
    • Sunday headliner
    • Second on the bill
    • Third or lower on the bill
    • At a different festival

As I say I know relativly little about FNM. I have heard a handful of songs but apart from that my knowledge of them comes from reading a couple of RHCP biogs that (whilst obviously slightly bias) paint FNM in a pretty bad light as being copyists, something I would have to agree on having heard what I have. I may be wrong, as you can tell I know little about them, but you can't tell me epic is not a complete RHCP rip off? I actualy really like the song though :blink: and I would be really happy if they played

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I say I know relativly little about FNM. I have heard a handful of songs but apart from that my knowledge of them comes from reading a couple of RHCP biogs that (whilst obviously slightly bias) paint FNM in a pretty bad light as being copyists, something I would have to agree on having heard what I have. I may be wrong, as you can tell I know little about them, but you can't tell me epic is not a complete RHCP rip off? I actualy really like the song though :lol: and I would be really happy if they played

So following that logic are the following bands "one hit wonders"?:

The Pixies - highest UK singles position = 23

Pearl Jam - " " " = 10

RATM - " " " = 8

Smashing Pumpkins - " " " - 7

etc...

I've read enough of your threads to know that you have an eclectic (and generally excellent!) taste in music, and am surprised you use singles chart positions as an indicator of musical influence or prominence!

Whilst maybe not in the same league as most of the above bands, FNM are not that far behind and I would be overjoyed for them to play or headline

Are you really being serious?

They sold around 2/3 million just in album sales of the first 5 albums alone?

I'm not sure why you are still making these comments when you have admited you weren't into them, if you had been you would realise that this is a ridiculous statement and that the RHCP and other bands copied them.

also,as the same company runs both festivals,they can hardly have turned the tables on themselves.as ive stated before,i think theyve delibrately done it this way because they know that reading will sell out anyway.anybody who knows the booking patterns for previous reading festivals knows that a reformed faith no more would definately have played reading,but they have put them on the download bill to sell more tickets as they dont need them on reading/leeds bill.i know this shows little respect to the rock fans who bought early bird reading tickets but its a buisiness decision.

also,as the same company runs both festivals,they can hardly have turned the tables on themselves.as ive stated before,i think theyve delibrately done it this way because they know that reading will sell out anyway.anybody who knows the booking patterns for previous reading festivals knows that a reformed faith no more would definately have played reading,but they have put them on the download bill to sell more tickets as they dont need them on reading/leeds bill.i know this shows little respect to the rock fans who bought early bird reading tickets but its a buisiness decision.

It really depends what music you listen to. And if you ignore the fact that reading hasnt got any subheadliners or 2nd stage headliners rumoured yet.

Plus radiohead are a bigger band than any band announced for download.

Edited by irons