End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

OOh, new goodies, nice one, bands from Canada excite me greatly...

As you End of the Road peeps seem open to suggestion, Sam Herlihy and friends ex Hope of the States have formed a new band, album just about done and dusted and will surely be looking to try out some things on enlightened festival audiences. Could even be a little reunion with Big Mike from HOTS already at EOTR with Sons of Noel and Adrian

Sort this one out and I could wee my pants a little. Go on, you know you want to

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally bought our tickets yesterday morning, so are officially going. Looking forward to The Local's band announcements, and hoping there's some cool stuff from them.

Saw Hjaltalin last night, supporting Absentee, and they were utterly brilliant. Really hope they can come to eotr- they'd surely go down as well as last night.

also i have been ill and am on all kind of drugs that mean i cant stay awake for much more than about 2 and a half hours at a time which has made concentration slightly tricky....rest assured, you wont be let down.......

And as for miracle fortress, Im afraaid there was nothing we could do. We really wanted them but the money just wasnt there for them to finance a whole tour at this time.....however, im sure if they come back over we will try and get them to do something eotr related....

a very woozy r

I'm sure Ro won't mind if I copy over what's been posted to the official site today:

BAND APPLICATION RESULTS (10/06/08)

Thank you to everybody who applied to play at End of the Road 2008, we had over 600 applications and every single one of them was listened to. We're doing this as we want to support independent music, independent labels and the DIY side of music in general. Based on what we heard through myspace, websites etc, together with our friend Ro, we have chosen 10 bands from all the applications who will be given a slot to play at the festival this year:

The Accidental

Cats in Paris

Christopher Rees

The Gentle Good

Gossamer Albatross

Lonely Ghosts

Over the Wall

Revenge of Shinobi

Sylvia's

Threatmantics

Hello B)

Joined this forum *just* so I can post on here B)

Currently 4 of us are coming - two of us old festival lags, two complete newcomers (I'm not even sure they've camped before......) - and we're hoping to rustle up a few more :lol:

I'm *particularly* excited about BSP and Brakes, especially Brakes cos they're lovely :) ....... Surely you can persuade Tom and Alex to do a bit of Electric Soft Parade as well? ;)

But of the others - I've been out and bought Calexico and Bon Iver purely due to seeing them on the line up and they're both *fab*...... also looking forward to Mercury Rev, Richard Hawley....... and discovering some of the unknowns :)

Looking forward to a lovely chilled fezzie with great music and friendly people....... Not looking forward to the inevitable band clashes :D

..... oh and to whoever it was who wants the whole of In The Aeroplane Over The Sea - I'd be up for that like a shot, my album of the year so far (Ok, so I know it came out several years ago, but I'm a bit slow on the uptake...... :lol: )

Dream on......

....and for anyone who doesn't know it, go out and get it, or at the very least look up Neutral Milk Hotel on youtube and listen to the title track or Two Headed Boy ;)

This is another question for endoftheroadro...

My girlfriend is attending her first ever festival this year and although she is looking forward to some of the music such as Laura Marling and Bon Iver, she has asked me many questions concerning "other activities". I have never been to EOTR so cannot really answer her effectively...please could you help with the following questions...

Are there "Healing Field" equivalent stalls? I.e. Massage/Reiki etc?

Is there a Cinema/Film/Visual Arts tent of any kind?

I am happy even if you say no to both of the questions above (cannot wait to see the Bowerbirds, Friska Viljor and Absentee among others).

Let me know and I will pass on the information to my "festival virgin" beloved...many thanks :lol:

well last year there was both.

I, errrr, never set foot in either but........

There were three films each evening in the glass pavillion after the comedy.

And the healing fields were, err, well, in the woods actually, i did find it a few times whilst parrot watching!

This is another question for endoftheroadro...

My girlfriend is attending her first ever festival this year and although she is looking forward to some of the music such as Laura Marling and Bon Iver, she has asked me many questions concerning "other activities". I have never been to EOTR so cannot really answer her effectively...please could you help with the following questions...

Are there "Healing Field" equivalent stalls? I.e. Massage/Reiki etc?

Is there a Cinema/Film/Visual Arts tent of any kind?

I am happy even if you say no to both of the questions above (cannot wait to see the Bowerbirds, Friska Viljor and Absentee among others).

Let me know and I will pass on the information to my "festival virgin" beloved...many thanks :D