NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

Even thought that Batman trailer was CGI, based off the experience of the last game, I reckon things like the fighting moves will be pretty damn close to what you see in that trailer there. CGI trailers are often teasers that establish mood, often because the gameplay is some way off from being in a show-off state. You don't want to show off half-finished gameplay that has everyone saying....a lesson from the marketing campaigns of the 90's methinks when they'd show in-game footage before cuts and redesigns took place. It's promising something you won't necessarily want to deliver on later.

I'm never sold on CGI trailers myself but every now and then games like Batman come along and actually manage to capture what you see in the trailers in the game itself. The last game did it so I have faith they'll do it again.

Oh yeah, didn't realise there's a secret section to Arkham Asylum where there is a hidden room full of Quincy's plans for Arkham City. Apparently it was a sort of viral-marketing campaign to build up hype for the next game, so like one person would find it and then pass it on over the internet until it became common knowledge........but nobody found it. So Rocksteady pretty much had to tell everyone that it was in there. I didn't know about it until recently and I played the SHIT out of Arkham Asylum (1000/1000 achievment points etc - I picked its bones dry) so it was pretty well hidden.

Still, Arkham City is at the top of my list....that's one game I will be shelling out full price for, for I intend to rape it severely.

Edited by Purple Monkey

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even thought that Batman trailer was CGI, based off the experience of the last game, I reckon things like the fighting moves will be pretty damn close to what you see in that trailer there. CGI trailers are often teasers that establish mood, often because the gameplay is some way off from being in a show-off state. You don't want to show off half-finished gameplay that has everyone saying....a lesson from the marketing campaigns of the 90's methinks when they'd show in-game footage before cuts and redesigns took place. It's promising something you won't necessarily want to deliver on later.

I'm never sold on CGI trailers myself but every now and then games like Batman come along and actually manage to capture what you see in the trailers in the game itself. The last game did it so I have faith they'll do it again.

Oh yeah, didn't realise there's a secret section to Arkham Asylum where there is a hidden room full of Quincy's plans for Arkham City. Apparently it was a sort of viral-marketing campaign to build up hype for the next game, so like one person would find it and then pass it on over the internet until it became common knowledge........but nobody found it. So Rocksteady pretty much had to tell everyone that it was in there. I didn't know about it until recently and I played the SHIT out of Arkham Asylum (1000/1000 achievment points etc - I picked its bones dry) so it was pretty well hidden.

Still, Arkham City is at the top of my list....that's one game I will be shelling out full price for, for I intend to rape it severely.

Right guys, I've been thinking about buying a cheap PS2 slimline. There are a few classic games that I never got the chance to play and with the price for the console down to £40 or less & the games dirt cheap it's very tempting. Is it still worth getting a PS2 slim?

Also, I've still not bought a new Xbox Live subscription yet, since I've not really been playing my 360 recently, but that'll hopefully change come Xmas time :)

The new ports of Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi are woeful. Sonic looks and feels absolutely horrible and they took all the Bad Religion out of Crazy Taxi. Horrendous. Who makes these decisions? Sonic should go somewhere and die, he's done.