NEXT GEN CONSOLES

Guest tHomBleached

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After an hour long trek round South London, I finally picked up a copy

Tried in Vic toria Station this AM, HMV sold out, GAME pre order only. headed out to Clapham Junction at Lunchtime- Blockbusters: NO sign - ASDA: Sold out - Wollied- OUT OF STOCK- Curries- 'yes we have it sir *goes to check* oh actually we don't' :( BOOOOOOOO

Pop back into Blockbuster on the way back and ask, just in case. No luck, sold out by 8:30! but they've just been on the phone with the Clapham Common Branch that have got loads. A short hop on the 345 later and I had two copies, out watching the football tonight though so no play until Tomorrow! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :O

The rease of GTA IV might just nudge me in the direction of buying a new console. I have the Wii but really want to play the new GTA.

Do I buy a 360 or PS3? I'm not really up on all this blue ray business so if someone could point me in the right direction....

The rease of GTA IV might just nudge me in the direction of buying a new console. I have the Wii but really want to play the new GTA.

Do I buy a 360 or PS3? I'm not really up on all this blue ray business so if someone could point me in the right direction....

Edited by Purple Monkey

Also the PS3 one needs to be installed - DOH! (and anyone kidding themselves that the install will lead to faster load times, again, talking out of their arse)

Weel I hear the 360 version has more things in it. Not sure.

They're identical as games. They look and play the same. Anyone that claims the PS3 one is any better graphically or speed-wise is talking out of their arse.

Also the PS3 one needs to be installed - DOH! (and anyone kidding themselves that the install will lead to faster load times, again, talking out of their arse)

"Past GTA titles have had mild-to-serious framerate issues and technical glitches, because the games were trying to do far more than the PlayStation 2 could handle. While GTA IV is pushing the PS3 and 360 to the limit, it also runs amazingly well. Sure, there are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected. That a game with great AI, an awesome physics engine and a detailed open world runs so well and with such short load times is a technical marvel. For that, I can forgive framerate issues and some noticeable aliasing.

For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud."

www.ign.com

only played an hour online (havent started single player yet) but its the most fun i've ever had with a game. should be noted this is the first time i've played online aswell so its a double whammy i guess.

getting in a car and ploughing people down is just as satisfying as sniping from afar.

and i played one of the co-op modes (cant remeber which), it was also fantastic.

yeah i like so far.

bought it at game wi no queue, and just my word that i pre ordered it :(

looks pretty amazin and ive just looked at the booklet :O

and yaas for a free months free xbl gold. though i dunno if ill be allowed it seen as ive had one already.

only played an hour online (havent started single player yet) but its the most fun i've ever had with a game. should be noted this is the first time i've played online aswell so its a double whammy i guess.

postman came this morning and i got my GTA...been playing it ALL day (unemployed) on me playstation....and i love it...looks so great...had to fiddle with the brightness quite a bit...might be my tv tho...for the first mission with Jacob i couldn't see shit in the dark.

GreenyGreenwell on the PSN, i aint tried the multiplayer yet...should be wicked.

definitely. though i think i might wait until im really into the game so i get the most out of the year. goin to get stuck into single player first.

*edit* scrap that, im wanting mario kart when im done wi gta so think ill just go for the 3 month option if there is one.