no Kylie, no radiohead

Guest Neil

Neil, you think there is much chance of Elvis Costello playing this year?

after the comments he's recently made I don't think he'd take a booking and I don't think Glasto would offer him one either. :P

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle2832854.ece

Edited by Neil

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised to see Muse back so soon... they've just toured extensively with the Black Holes album and I reckon they'll go to ground for a couple of years. I'd love to see them, but it does seem too soon.

Coldplay? Oh god, I thought/hoped they'd split up.

I missed Radiohead in 2003 to see The Damned in the Avalon tent. It remains my favourite Glastonbury experience and I was really chuffed with my choice. Not bothered about seeing Radiohead but yeah, get the Damned back ;-)

Kylie would be interesting, but I'm not that bothered.

TBH, I don't go to Glastonbury for the headliners. In fact in 2003 (my first year), I didn't see any of them and I had a great time. But I thought the lineup was generally poor in 2007 and it needs to be stronger next time.

In my opinion, a headliner needs to have some back catalogue and 2 albums isn't enough. I don't think the Killers or Artic Monkeys are worthy as headliners for that reason. Supporting slot fine, but they hadnt earned their place headlining.

The perfect headliners are newish band (muse fits), someone who's still current but has been around forever (Kylie) and a dinosaur band that everyone can sing along with (The Police)

[i missed Radiohead in 2003 to see The Damned in the Avalon tent. It remains my favourite Glastonbury experience and I was really chuffed with my choice. Not bothered about seeing Radiohead but yeah, get the Damned back ;-)

My mates Martin and Dave who have been gigging since the 70 's , insisted that The Damned where the band of the festival that year !, looks

like you made the right choice !

and how much did you pay for the album :)

They 'sold' it for free simply to entice people who wouldn't normally listen, to fall in love with them and then pay to see them in a gig, which is where they'll make the money back that they lost on the albums.

call it £15 for the album and £35 for the gig :P

I reckon Zep will do a set. They've always done their own thing, and Plant has an affinity with the place, being the archetypal hippy that he is. I can see them doing one or two of their own shoes, which they'll announce prior to Glasto and then be announced for Glasto after the tickets have been sold.

Well, it's nice to have dreams. I reckon he'll do something stupid like putting on the Spice Girls.

I reckon Zep will do a set. They've always done their own thing, and Plant has an affinity with the place, being the archetypal hippy that he is. I can see them doing one or two of their own shoes, which they'll announce prior to Glasto and then be announced for Glasto after the tickets have been sold.

Well, it's nice to have dreams. I reckon he'll do something stupid like putting on the Spice Girls.

I hope it will be something sensible - no mega headliners

Sigur Ros

Goldfrapp

Interpol

As I have said before let T , V and Leeds n Reading and IoW fight over the mega acts and Glasto go

eclectic !

Mega-intervirw (mainly questions from fans) with Radioohead in th Observer Music Magazine on Sunday. Ten pages long in the paper version! Text of article and 'curating' of questions/answers by Craig McLean.

Radiohead Part 1

Radiohead Part 2

Radiohead Part 3

Other things we have learnt:

1. Radiohead fans - notably Italo Rossi del Aguila, 21, in Lima, Peru - are seriously vexed by the fact that the band have never played South America: 'Yeah, so am I!' says Ed O'Brien. 'We are going to go! We're f**king going!'

2. Radiohead have at least one fan on Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. Hello to First Lieutenant Sean M Warner of the USAF.

3. Radiohead will start touring in America next May ; sorry, Daniel Baker, 19, in Bournemouth, Neil Burns, 15, in Glasgow, and Thomas Hutchcroft, 16, in Somerset, they don't know yet if they will play Glastonbury. But I think they would like to. (Yorke's favourite ever 'Radiohead moment' was Glastonbury '97.)

Edited by William of Walworth