Tartan Heart 2008

Guest Paul ™

I was at the big tent tent doc and agree it was a great wee festival and local for me too which is a bonus,Phil Kay was hillarious all weekend, king Creasote on saturday night with the sun setting was spectacular. Did you try the puddledub susage or buffalo burgers? I will defo be going back next year great weekend for £16 ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A message from the festival organisers:

'Unfortunately three acts have been forced to pull out of this year's festival. Elle S'Appelle and The Long Blondes have each had to cancel due to the serious illness of an artist and Cage The Elephant due to an injury. All three have cancelled all gigs for the forseeable future (check websites for more information). In a line-up which features around 100 music and performance artists, cancellations are an inevitable fact of life. However, in booking One Night Only and Sons & Daughters, we have filled the gaps with high quality replacements.'

'Unfortunately three acts have been forced to pull out of this year's festival. Elle S'Appelle and The Long Blondes have each had to cancel due to the serious illness of an artist and Cage The Elephant due to an injury. All three have cancelled all gigs for the forseeable future (check websites for more information). In a line-up which features around 100 music and performance artists, cancellations are an inevitable fact of life. However, in booking One Night Only and Sons & Daughters, we have filled the gaps with high quality replacements.'

First time at Belladrum this year - it's my birthday weekend and I haven't been to a festival in ages. Are there lots of people in fancy dress? Anyone here dressing up? I don't want to look an idiot! Also -what would be a good time to arrive to get a decent spot to pitch the tents? I don't want to have to walk miles from the car parking (bad back + camping equipment ;) ). Looking forward to it.

First time at Belladrum this year - it's my birthday weekend and I haven't been to a festival in ages. Are there lots of people in fancy dress? Anyone here dressing up? I don't want to look an idiot! Also -what would be a good time to arrive to get a decent spot to pitch the tents? I don't want to have to walk miles from the car parking (bad back + camping equipment ;) ). Looking forward to it.

There's an article in the Inverness Advertiser about Bella, Joe Gibbs (owner of belladrum and the person that came up with the idea for the festival)...from the way he talks he's not about to give it up, says getting up and running was the hard part.

Q. Back then (when it started) Tartan Heart was about the only festival going on up here. Now of course there are many more, what makes it different from the rest?

A. The breadth and depth of the entertainment it offers in terms of music and performing arts; the way it projects itself as being very founded in the Highland community and as one provided by the highlands for outsiders; and the uniquely all ages appeal of the event.

(sorta says to me they will continue wi the family appeal, maybe £30 a kids ticket wouldnt be so bad tho, or under 8's free).

Q. How many days after this years event ends will you start thinking about 2009?

A. We've already started.

So i think we are still good for next year :P.

unless already thinking about 2009 means thinking about not doing it :rolleyes:

I like bella just as it is so i'll be happy if it stays as it is, i dont really want huge acts (like you can beat idlewild B)) if they start trying to make it bigger, with bigger name acts, it'll just end up full of wasters like the rest ;).