Tartan Heart 2008

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. A kiddie headliner. I'm confident they'll announce plenty good acts though. As for SFG, I plan getting intoxicated enough to enjoy them, or just wander elsewhere. Never missed a headliner in 3 years, and I don't know why not. Stood through Echo and the Bunnymen and the undisputed worst headline slot ever, Embrace.

Edited by Gowie

Yup. A kiddie headliner. I'm confident they'll announce plenty good acts though. As for SFG, I plan getting intoxicated enough to enjot them, or just wander elsewhere. Never missed a headliner in 3 years, and I don't know why not. Stood through Echo and the Bunnymen and the undisputed worst headline slot ever, Embrace.

That is a bit of a weird choice for a headliner - will appeal to a lot of people tho' I'm sure. They're one of these modern pop combos I believe. Did the Automatic headline a couple of years ago or am I imagining it? Maybe they weren't headliners. That attracted a lot of young people - I didn't go but saw them all streaming back - no that was daylight I think, so they weren't headlining. I think I was having a cup of Earl Grey and a scone at the time and complaining.

I endured Echo and the Bunnymen too because one of my friends was mad to see them again and she really enjoyed it so that was fine. I avoided Embrace and the Proclaimers - there is usually stuff still going on in tents when the headliners on because I've definitely gone elsewhere but I think it usually finishes a bit before the headliner because you can still go up and enjoy the atmosphere for the last 2 or 3 songs. I'm sure there'll be loads of other stuff - most of my best memories of festivals involve bands further down the bill, especially seeing someone good that I didn't know before.

Keep calm and carry on.

(SFG isn't going to attract the less habitual older festival goer which is a fair proportion of Tartan Heart's crowd though - but Runrig would (oh God))

bella is always close to my heart, and when i try to predict i think about bands that fit and are er affordable. My guess is that snow patrol might just might fit into the category and i hope they could see it as an opportunity to right some wrongs after t in the park last year. I have a feeling it will be travis this year as they really fit the bella philosophy, if not i guess maybe the levellers.

As for the friday night there really has been a number of howlers (particularly echo and magic numbers) i would really like to see scouting for girls back again or maybe the pidgeon detectives or even the wombats??

you never know

I have to say that I am truly surprised and congratulate gibbs and co on making a brave strong and decisive move on the friday headliner. For the Belladrum crowd this is a good move that will pay divedends (I also suspect a very strong esthablished saturday night act and wonder stuff level bands in the tents).

I fail to see where you are coming from here, how can you describe booking scouting for girls as a brave and decisive move, sureley it is narrowing the appeal of the festival, and it is hardly an announcement to get people who have never been before to come, only my opinion of course :P