Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

*cries* wont someone hear our prayer for a glorious couple of days i dont care if it rains others, just give us 2 nice n dry days i will give money to the person that can make this happen (not much mind)IS669-003.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Met Office updated forecast for Tues 19th onwards for the south-west is VERY promising

whilst southern and eastern areas have the best of the dry weather with sunny spells and just isolated showers. Temperatures mostly near normal, although warm in parts of the south early and late in the period

NOW CAN WE STOP PANICKING!!! :)

The Met Office updated forecast for Tues 19th onwards for the south-west is VERY promising

whilst southern and eastern areas have the best of the dry weather with sunny spells and just isolated showers. Temperatures mostly near normal, although warm in parts of the south early and late in the period

NOW CAN WE STOP PANICKING!!! :P

All week the forecasters have been saying the weather will be awful this week, I wake up and look out of the window today

Glorious. I am in Bristol so not too far away from Glasto. I was just reading a story on bbci about the isle of whight festival where rain was forecast...it was baking all weekend apparantly.

All hope is not lost, in fact the next few days is when it caN (and will) change for the better...starting with that favourable met office forecast, who lets face it are more to be believed than accuweather and metcheck

Outlook for Days 6 - 10 (Wednesday 20/06/07 to Sunday 24/06/07)

Showers or spells of rain are expected to continue for the rest of the week, with some heavy bursts of rain possible at times, especially at first, along with a risk of strong winds. There is a signal for some drier conditions and more sunny spells over the weekend though. Temperatures generally around normal, perhaps becoming rather warm by the weekend.

Todays update from my employers forecast (provided by the MO) - could be pretty nice if the ground doesn't churn up too much on the Wednesday.

All week the forecasters have been saying the weather will be awful this week, I wake up and look out of the window today

Glorious. I am in Bristol so not too far away from Glasto. I was just reading a story on bbci about the isle of whight festival where rain was forecast...it was baking all weekend apparantly.

All hope is not lost, in fact the next few days is when it caN (and will) change for the better...starting with that favourable met office forecast, who lets face it are more to be believed than accuweather and metcheck

Edited by William of Walworth

Outlook for Days 6 - 10 (Wednesday 20/06/07 to Sunday 24/06/07)

Showers or spells of rain are expected to continue for the rest of the week, with some heavy bursts of rain possible at times, especially at first, along with a risk of strong winds. There is a signal for some drier conditions and more sunny spells over the weekend though. Temperatures generally around normal, perhaps becoming rather warm by the weekend.

Todays update from my employers forecast (provided by the MO) - could be pretty nice if the ground doesn't churn up too much on the Wednesday.

NOW CAN WE STOP PANICKING!!!

Edited by William of Walworth

Mr Optimistic!! :) I wish I could share your faith, but I can't, quite. After all Netweather seem to know what theylre doing better than Americcuweather or Acidcheck, and the Netweather blog is both more recent and less optimistic than that Met Office forecast from 1 pm yesterday.

And I think precedent is dangerous here folks. Both the weekend just gone (IoWE/Download) , and Strawberry Fair/Wychwood/Sunrise weekend (around 2nd June) were predicted a good deal poorer than they turned out to be. But we can't RELY on history repeating itself, that would be irrational ...

You CAN'T predict the weather on the basis of what's happened before!

Edited by swankyjohn

How's about...WE JUST DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT IT MIGHT RAIN!!! Its Britain, its summer, ergo...it rains. WoW...admit defeat now...its not gonna be dry underfoot...

Buy some decent boots and waterproofs and stop worrying. There are enough of us that have been to wet ones that know that at the end of the day its not that bad otherwise we wouldnt go back year after year despite the weather.

My only concern is the size of the ruts due to the rain that the south west has been experiencing that have probably been created by all the tractor action on site

and all the market stall arrivals over this weekend...

and basically as long as we dont have a repeat of 1997...which was hell on earth...all will be well.

Sorry to preach a bit but it aint gonna be dry...we know that...just get the Nikwax out and your hardened Glasto head on...and party hard!

AND STOP f**kING WHINGING!!!!!!! If you hate the rain and mud...DONT bloody go to the festival! :)

Sorry...I'll get back to my packing now and carry on not worrying until Tuesday.

NOw where's me Nikwax....?