Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

Nah - be positive - we've just had all the rain for the month here in good old Essex, floods everywhere tonight!! This is what the Beeb have to say about 18th to 24th at the moment.

On the whole, southern parts of Britain will stay drier. However, many parts of the UK can expect to see at least some rain at times with the greatest amounts across Scotland, Northern Ireland and northern England. Sunshine amounts are expected to be near average.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah - be positive - we've just had all the rain for the month here in good old Essex, floods everywhere tonight!! This is what the Beeb have to say about 18th to 24th at the moment.

On the whole, southern parts of Britain will stay drier. However, many parts of the UK can expect to see at least some rain at times with the greatest amounts across Scotland, Northern Ireland and northern England. Sunshine amounts are expected to be near average.

Edited by scorp

Just for ease of reference, can you give me a link direct to that Glasto forecast please? It seems extraordinarily hard to find from the main Netweather page ...

:) Oh dear, so not looking good. Therefore i've decided to be oblivious to all forecasts until at least Monday. Ignorance is bliss!! I still have faith. At the end of the day it's all luck really!!

/expert's word :P

It's been thunderstorming up here all afternoon. I know that's probably good news, since it gives a chance for the unsettled weather to pass, but it's really depressing me, because all I can do is imagine cowering in a tent avoiding the rain (rather than sitting in the dry around a campfire with a guitar).

<sigh>

yes but the beeb seems to be ignoring the approaching low on sunday into monday and maybe tuesday, as visible here:

http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/9panel/gfsx...9panel_eur.html

and on the metoffice site...http://metoffice.co.uk/ Find the surface chart for Friday this week.

Mind you, the beeb can be right ... and lows can be shallow things with weak fronts, but even they can produce e.g. 1997.

Its all good.

If I remember rightly last yer, until the last day it was all predicted to be glorious and well we know what happened.

This year its all predicted to be peeing down so in true glasto weather style it will have to suprise us, hence hot weather..

/clutching at straws

I am waiting for the 11pm blog update on netweather, that guy speaks with authority, he may be no better than anyone else but tonight he will hopefully give us good news..

Edited by swankyjohn

just watched the forecast on bbc,

It was for this weekend but, unless it really clears up, Its not looking goos

Its supposed to be a bit unsettled earlier in the week and settle down a bit for the rest of the week/weekend, although the odd shower.

Having said that, we went camping last weekend as a warm-up for Glasto, and the forecast on the BBC for Thursday & Friday said showers Friday and Saturday with Heavy rain on Sunday and it turned out to be glorious all weekend!

Fingers crossed :)

Its supposed to be a bit unsettled earlier in the week and settle down a bit for the rest of the week/weekend, although the odd shower.

Having said that, we went camping last weekend as a warm-up for Glasto, and the forecast on the BBC for Thursday & Friday said showers Friday and Saturday with Heavy rain on Sunday and it turned out to be glorious all weekend!

Fingers crossed :P

I'm tired of all this technical stuff,

Its rained on and off for the last couple of days here in the east mids, my theory is that there cant be much more rain left in the sky and it will therefore have to be dry for glastonbury :)

If you don't like the real forecasts, then best to make up your own ones