PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MTV Unplugged version of 'Black' is absolutely brilliant. I love the extra lyrics on the end.

I can't believe it was never officially released on CD...it is clearly the king of Unplugged sets.

Wouldn't mind 'All Those Yesterdays' once this summer either...

Really like the intro to 'Single Video Theory' with 'All Those Yesterdays'...is the best version of that song.

"All Those Yesterdays"

Don't you think you oughtta rest?

Don't you think you oughtta lay you head down?

Don't you think you want to sleep?

Don't you think you oughtta lay your head down tonight?

Don't you think you've done enough?

Oh, don't you think you've got enough, well maybe..

You don't think there's time to stop

There's time enough for you to lay your head down, tonight, tonight

Let it wash away

All those yesterdays

What are you running from?

Taking pills to get along

Creating walls to call your own

So no one catches you? drifting off and

Doing all the things that we all do

Let them wash away

All those yesterdays

All those yesterdays

All those paper plates

You've got time, you've got time to escape

There's still time, it's no crime to escape

It's no crime to escape, it's no crime to escape

There's still time, so escape

It's no crime, crime..

I missed that because I was living in Holland in 00. :blink:

What do you make of 'Binaural' and 'Riot Act' Olivavu............or anyone else for that matter? They tend not to get spoken about in the same way as the first 5. Then again none of them get spoken about like the first 3. And none of them get spoken about like quite like 'Ten'. Beeezar!

I do really like 'Binaural' and 'Riot Act', but I do think they are the weakest two of all Pearl Jam albums.

There are some excellent tracks on both, notably 'Nothing As It Seems', 'Light Years' and 'Thin Air' on 'Binaural' and 'Thumbing My Way', 'Save You' and 'Green Disease' on 'Riot Act' in my opinion, but the overall quality doesn't match up to the others. Still albums I rate as excellent though.

'Yield' is probably my out-and-out favourite to be honest.

Yield - interesting.

I think Riot Act is excellent myself. Most expansive to date. After years of experimenting, it sounded like they had finally nailed diversity and put it to bed. Which is why, 'Pearl Jam's' no nonsence sound came as no suprise to me. I think 'You are', 'Can't Keep' 'Bushleaguer' and 'Save You' are quality. There is a certain calm to the album though. I think aswell, that perhaps some of it's appeal was over shadowed by the release of 'Lost Dogs', 'Benaroya' and 'Madison'.

Binaural is good and you can tell from the start that Cameron's invoved; some of those arrangements clearly belong to Soundgarden. But over all it's the Pearl Jam album to do the hoovering to in my eyes.

I'd have to say that I like 'Pearl Jam' better than both 'Binaural' and 'Riot Act'. The opening triumvirate is a real blast of energy that I haven't seen from them since 'Yield' in such quantity. I adore 'Comatose', I think it's absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to see it live either.
Edited by Cultseeker