Lakefest 2024 thoughts?

Jane175

4 hours ago, Jane175 said:

Hello all! 
Does anyone have any thoughts on Lakefest? I’ve never been and would appreciate any thoughts / tips from those who have been before. Is it worth it? 

I have been but it was in 2016 so it might have changed since then.

Very family friendly and the arena is quite small so easy to get around. They had a BMX display the year I went which was actually pretty good.

It appears that this year they have ditched those horrible pay wristbands they introduced over the last few years - now a cashless festival but with debit cards.

Summary if you’re looking for something relaxed good. If you want an all night rave with loads of 15-25 s probably not for you.

15 hours ago, Jane175 said:

Hello all! 
Does anyone have any thoughts on Lakefest? I’ve never been and would appreciate any thoughts / tips from those who have been before. Is it worth it? 

Went in 2022

Full of entitled folks who only care about themselves and little festival atmosphere.......... and an army recruitment stall

For us, one of the worst festivals we have ever done.

16 hours ago, Jane175 said:

Hello all! 

We went a few years ago. Found the atmosphere a bit strange to be honest. The crowd werent unfriendly but then werent friendly either (in the way Bearded Theory or Beautiful Days are). Also found it odd people took their dogs into the tent (which is also the main stage) and went down the front.

Camping next to the car was good though! 

1 hour ago, Flaminglippy said:

We went a few years ago. Found the atmosphere a bit strange to be honest. The crowd werent unfriendly but then werent friendly either (in the way Bearded Theory or Beautiful Days are). Also found it odd people took their dogs into the tent (which is also the main stage) and went down the front.

Camping next to the car was good though! 

People took dogs down the front?  Omfg, that's good reason all by itself not to let dogs or their owners into festivals.  Poor dogs. 

43 minutes ago, bexj said:

People took dogs down the front?  Omfg, that's good reason all by itself not to let dogs or their owners into festivals.  Poor dogs. 

Yeah...dont know of many festivals that size where you can. We went about 6 rows back for James and there were people in front of us with dogs  Can't be good for them

Screenshot_20240129_195650_Chrome.jpg

I'm astounded that people think it's a good idea to take a dog to the front of a popular gig, dog welfare aside, people will fall over them, what happens if they poo, etc etc.  

I know Krankenhaus festival allows dogs but it's not really a big gathering there. 

1 hour ago, worthyraver said:

Total non-starter as it clashes with Farmer Phil's Festival lol

Interestingly you can take dogs to Farmer Phil's as well.

Farmer Phils capacity approx 2000
Krakenhaus capacity approx 250

Lakefest.... approx 15000

I know where my dog (if I had one) would be going!

• 4 weeks later...

I go every year,  I used to go to the Big Chill and when the festival moved to the Eastnor I had to see what they were doing with the space. I love the festival.  Really friendly atmosphere, a nice size and usually have some great acts.  This year is the first year I haven't liked the line up but i am still confident it will be a brilliant weekend.  We book a pitch so we can park next to the tent and take far to much stuff with us, and because it is a nice relaxed festival it is the only festival i go to that actually feels like a holiday.