MEO Kalorama Lisboa 2024

alan_ts

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Think there's still some decent-sized acts to be announced for the final day? Admittedly not down with the kids I've only heard of Soulwax and Yard Act on the Saturday

Yves Tumor is worth checking out - hipster/pitchfork friendly, but heavily influenced by 90s indie shoegaze/US alternative.

I'd assume there's maybe another dozen bands across the three days, to match last year. You'd hope someone big and less poppy for that last day in particular.

8 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Yves Tumor is worth checking out - hipster/pitchfork friendly, but heavily influenced by 90s indie shoegaze/US alternative.

I'd assume there's maybe another dozen bands across the three days, to match last year. You'd hope someone big and less poppy for that last day in particular.

I'll have a listen, cheers. Will be attending the Friday regardless to see LCD but also really like Nation of Language, The Kills and to a lesser extent Jungle. Will be in Lisbon for a few days so would ideally like to also go the Saturday too, but the line-up at doesn't justify another day ticket at the moment.

If they announce a couple of bands that aren't Maneskin then I'll probably pull the trigger 

4 hours ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

I'll have a listen, cheers. Will be attending the Friday regardless to see LCD but also really like Nation of Language, The Kills and to a lesser extent Jungle. Will be in Lisbon for a few days so would ideally like to also go the Saturday too, but the line-up at doesn't justify another day ticket at the moment.

If they announce a couple of bands that aren't Maneskin then I'll probably pull the trigger 

Maneskin is already on super bock super rock so definitely out of kalorama

I think the missing names must be for next month, honestly the director of this festival likes to announce names late... he is the same director of the Vilar de Mouros Festival which is also in August and only has 1 name announced. It takes a long time to announce names.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

19 hours ago, OneTwoThreeFour said:

Any recommendations of areas to stay for the festival?

Lisbon is a relatively small city, so just choose something you like. Uber/Bolt are usually cheap, so no worries. I would sugfest you staying in Saldanha area or Marquês de Pombal. If you prefer to stay in the downtown, maybe Bairro Alto/Principe Real is the place for you.

4 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I think the missing names must be for next month, honestly the director of this festival likes to announce names late... he is the same director of the Vilar de Mouros Festival which is also in August and only has 1 name announced. It takes a long time to announce names.

Last year it was 19th June for Blur etc., so we might be waiting more than two months 😕

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2024 at 5:45 PM, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

How's the sound quality at this festival? Loud enough without any bleed from other stages?

Sound quality was good last year. The main stage and second stage don't have bands on at the same time, so it isn't really an issue. The third stage does have bands on at same time as the others, but there was no issue. The final stage is more just a dj booth near the bars and restaurants and its a fair way from the three proper stages.

We managed to get fairly close the the front for the acts we wanted to e.g. Blur, Arcade Fire, Hives, Foals. The bars are well located near the stages too :)

• Upvote 1

Looking at previous years timetables, the second stage clashs with the third. So, expect Sam Smith, Burna Boy and Raye playing alone with some clashes like Fever Ray/Overmono or Soulwax/Yves Tumor...

• 3 weeks later...

The two stages, last two years, were alternated, which means that no artist on these two stages overlapped with the other (exception made to the Kraftwerk / 2manydjs incident, and I think they learned from that experience). Usually, the second stage clashes with the third, which is a smaller stage, where it doesn't seem likely that either The Smile or LCD Soundsystem will be. That said, they could always have changed the structure for this year, but I highly doubt it.