Ticket Competitions 2024

Crazyfool01

Back on the cheese buying spree, first since last year. There's 10 co-ops round here but only 3 are co-op group and will take the co-op group card. The first one I went to had the advert for the competition running on the till screens, but didn't have the cheese in stock ("Never seen it mate" when I asked). The second co-op is a pita to get to, but it did have some in stock. The cashier had a hard time understanding that I had to pay and swipe the card for each one separately. She kept bundling them. I felt bad and tried to explain why, I'm not sure she quite believed me but we got there in the end.

So that's cheese, cider, pilsner and chocolate  bought. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I’ve just been to the co op and scanned my card for the cheese and beers. The guy behind the till said my members card wasn’t valid in the store.

He said it came up as member on the till but I didn’t get the coupons with the receipt saying I’d been entered like last time. Not sure if the entry has gone through or not 😕

5 minutes ago, Doohickey said:

I didn't get a receipt or anything else. I had just assume I'm entered as I scanned the card? 

The previous cheese comp they gave a coupon confirming a competition entry, probably overthinking it but I’m worried my beers and cheese haven’t been entered 

Hopefully this is a welcome distraction from ticket competitions……IMG_2490.thumb.jpeg.14f0c63684bb68d787da5939f76f4233.jpegI’m in a pickle! Staying at my sisters house this eve and I’ve tipped a can over her spare bed 😂🙈 Do I leave it dry, walk away and pretend nothings happened or own up and apologise…..cast your votes efesters! 😂🙈

3 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

The previous cheese comp they gave a coupon confirming a competition entry, probably overthinking it but I’m worried my beers and cheese haven’t been entered 

It may sound mad (but probably not on this thread), but I'm wondering if it would be worth you sending out an email to their Customer Services Department asking for confirmation / clarification?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BillieBobs said:

Hopefully this is a welcome distraction from ticket competitions……IMG_2490.thumb.jpeg.14f0c63684bb68d787da5939f76f4233.jpegI’m in a pickle! Staying at my sisters house this eve and I’ve tipped a can over her spare bed 😂🙈 Do I leave it dry, walk away and pretend nothings happened or own up and apologise…..cast your votes efesters! 😂🙈

I'd fess up.

Just now, BlueDaze said:

If she has a cat, lock it in the bedroom....  Then when you go up later... "Oh no... Tiddles, what have you done..?" 

No cat but we do have 3 dogs in the house, I don’t think I can bring myself to blame them 😂😩 The only crime they’re guilty of is being too cute lol!

If one did take the wrap for me I’ll sneak them a boat load of treats tomorrow 😂🙈

Just now, BillieBobs said:

Honestly is the best policy! I can’t lie for sh*t so will probably admit defeat tomorrow and hand myself in 😂

It could be worse - apparently my wife used to regularly piss the bed in houses where she was a guest. Her record is three beds in the same house in one night.* 

* she actually stopped when we got together and has never repeated the act since. 

14 minutes ago, BillieBobs said:

Own up. Depending on which cider it is, rinse the fabric off. If you can take the cover off, do so, and run water through it. Either way, then soak up the liquid (use muslins if you have them, tea towels and towels otherwise). Repeat. Do not rub at it, just dab (you can use lots of pressure). Then sprinkle liberally with bicarb of soda. Allow it to absorb the liquid (at least 20 mins, can be left for hours or overnight). You can then hoover up, and repeat as necessary. 
If the stain remains, then you have the options of mineral bleach (percarbonate of soda) and/or the sun (the sun is great for removing tomato and berry stains).

Hope that helps!

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It could be worse - apparently my wife used to regularly piss the bed in houses where she was a guest. Her record is three beds in the same house in one night.* 

* she actually stopped when we got together and has never repeated the act since. 

Hahaha brilliant 😂 One of my best friends went on a date, went back to the guys house and pissed the bed drunk. Water damaged the dates phone then turned up at my flat in a blind panic needing a change of clothes. The only things I had that fit him was a pair of leggings and Welsh rugby jersey so he had to go home wearing them 😂😩🙈 Needless to say he never met the date guy again 😂

1 minute ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Own up. Depending on which cider it is, rinse the fabric off. If you can take the cover off, do so, and run water through it. Either way, then soak up the liquid (use muslins if you have them, tea towels and towels otherwise). Repeat. Do not rub at it, just dab (you can use lots of pressure). Then sprinkle liberally with bicarb of soda. Allow it to absorb the liquid (at least 20 mins, can be left for hours or overnight). You can then hoover up, and repeat as necessary. 
If the stain remains, then you have the options of mineral bleach (percarbonate of soda) and/or the sun (the sun is great for removing tomato and berry stains).

Hope that helps!

I think I need to do the right thing and own up to it….its tomorrows problem though so I’ll just sleep in the wet bed for tonight 😂

1 minute ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Hope that helps!

Yeah... I would go back to blaming one of the dogs..

Either BiCarb or Soda.. they will both be forgiven 

14 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

If she has a cat, lock it in the bedroom....  Then when you go up later... "Oh no... Tiddles, what have you done..?" 

Also ran out of upvotes! This would get one otherwise 😂😂😂 Oh no Tiddles!!!! 😂

1 minute ago, BillieBobs said:

Hahaha brilliant 😂 One of my best friends went on a date, went back to the guys house and pissed the bed drunk. Water damaged the dates phone then turned up at my flat in a blind panic needing a change of clothes. The only things I had that fit him was a pair of leggings and Welsh rugby jersey so he had to go home wearing them 😂😩🙈 Needless to say he never met the date guy again 😂

That's a fabulous performance by your mate. Top shelf stuff.

8 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

Hope that helps!

Tell me you had to look that up?