BBC radio 1 big weekend 2024

jj200

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

SURELY announcement next week otherwise we are so close to the event

Not sure it actually matters tbh - its sold out anyway

19 minutes ago, gregory said:

The new Billie Eilish album will chart on Fri 24th May, and tickets for her tour next year aren't selling too well.

Could she make it over for a bit of promo?

I wouldn't say she's selling badly. The only Manchester dates that aren't virtually sold out are midweek and she's sold 4 of the 02 dates virtually put with the other two having the same midweek thing.

It was said after 2 days on sale she wasn't selling well and she's sold a load since then but £150 for standing is over cooking it. If you are still selling that heavy though at that price you aren't doing bad. Except for Coldplay, no headliner at Glastonbury this year would her hit those sale numbers at that cost.

My final guesses are Griff, Perrie Edwards, Florence, Hozier, and then possibly something bigger/international a la Olivia / Billie / JT / Dua  / Zayne / Twenty One Pilots / Troye Sivan. 

I've covered enough bases there to hopefully look right one way or another 😄 

Edited by gregory

8 minutes ago, gregory said:

My final guesses are Griff, Perrie Edwards, Florence, Hozier, and then possibly something bigger/international a la Olivia / Billie / JT / Dua  / Zayne / Twenty One Pilots / Troye Sivan. I

've covered enough bases there to hopefully look right one way or another 😄 

Yeah some fair shouts here. Griff is already playing and Hozier is in the US, but they’ve surely got to be largely drawn from the R1 playlist. Someone like Perrie feels likely.

Dua is my tip as the big-name artist, if there indeed is one to announce.

Really don't think we are getting someone O-Rod / Dua / Billie sized. would be a pleasant surprise i guess

Hozier would be shite. would not been keen on 21P / Zayne / Troye either tbh

Florence would be very welcome.

Edited by gfa