Pinkpop 2024

willsmith700

The current Metallica dates have a the June festival weekend conveniently free. 

I'd be getting nervous if nothing from Pinkpop by the end of the week. That said, the interview given by Pinkpop higher ups a few weeks back said "we hope to have some names out for our 2024 edition, this year..."

27 minutes ago, willsmith700 said:

I'd be getting nervous if nothing from Pinkpop by the end of the week. That said, the interview given by Pinkpop higher ups a few weeks back said "we hope to have some names out for our 2024 edition, this year..."

I always used to keep an eye on Pinkpop because it was on my festival bucket list. Until very recently, save for maybe a name or two who revealed the date at Pinkpop as part of a bigger tour they nearly always used to reveal the full line up in Feb/March via a press conference.

The way the market is I don't think they have that luxury but I wouldn't be worried, it usually almost always has a great line up, but probably only since around pandemic times have they revealed it earlier than Christmas.

6 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I always used to keep an eye on Pinkpop because it was on my festival bucket list. Until very recently, save for maybe a name or two who revealed the date at Pinkpop as part of a bigger tour they nearly always used to reveal the full line up in Feb/March via a press conference.

The way the market is I don't think they have that luxury but I wouldn't be worried, it usually almost always has a great line up, but probably only since around pandemic times have they revealed it earlier than Christmas.

It's easily my favourite festival. And, to be honest - it feels a festival that whoever is on the line up, it's impossible to have a bad time. Superb organisation, incredible production and brilliantly planned out with minimal and well worth a visit to one of the oldest Festivals in Europe. I love it.

Last year, they piggy backed on Pinks tour announcement and brought forward the announcement to capitalise on the hype. But, I do recall in the years before, the line up felt earlier or they would at least make it known who the big hitters are 🙂

Limp Bizkit and Dua Lipa seem the only certs so far.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Maybe Metallica holds the announcement? They said two more dates at the end of November. One is Hellfest, other one Pinkpop?

Possibly - they would shift tickets, but personally I suffer from a bit of Exaustallica ha. Seen them enough over the years. Would still be a fun watch though and always go down well. 

16 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Now Primavera's dropped, I was kind of hoping this would come fast on the heels. Hopefully not too much longer.

Graspop too! Surely, now people are picking and choosing their festival (looking at flights etc) Pinkpop want to get themselves into the mix haha! 

35 minutes ago, willsmith700 said:

Have seen the some media now suggesting they are in the mix! Aside from "some dates in 2024", I can't seem to find anything solid. Would love to see them again. 

My bet would be for Pearl Jam to play Ziggo Dome Amsterdam. Not PP. They played there 2022.

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Announcement from Best Kept Secret coming next week. We'll know who can we rule out.

Seems an odd strategy from Pinkpop - given most the big hitters have now put their initial line ups out? I know many are tempted by Graspop and Werchter, so PP will need to put something out in the near future if they are wanting to secure those who are travelling for a European festival in 24.